Author Topic: DS Order Issues  (Read 972 times)

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
DS Order Issues
« on: April 25, 2023, 11:33:52 »
Anyone else getting issues with DS Orders of late?

Realised I’ve made 6 orders this year (time for me to stop!), and 5 have had issues. Either missing/incorrect/broken parts.

It’s a real shame as the turnaround for corrections is considerable.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: DS Order Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 17:36:01 »
I had my first ever problem with a set in my last order - the skirt was broken and they'd put two of one parts bag in the box and missed one out, if that makes sense. But I can't fault the customer service, they sent out the replacement parts based on a photo, got back to me really quickly, the replacements came quickly and they chucked a few extra figures my way as an apology.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 18:06:33 »
Two DS orders (boxed sets), both delivered very quickly and no problems.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 18:46:56 »
Not sure what’s up then, perhaps just an unlucky streak for me.

These are spare part orders however, not had problems with the normal sets.

It’s a bit of a shame, one horse with a broken ear. I’m tempted to try and sand it a bit (will look like one ear smaller than other unless I try to equal them out)  as don’t really want to waste it.

Last year I do remember they were very good with one order that had something wrong and sent me extra pieces. The agents themselves via email are always lovely so can’t fault them.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 18:58:45 »
Not sure what’s up then, perhaps just an unlucky streak for me.

These are spare part orders however, not had problems with the normal sets.

It’s a bit of a shame, one horse with a broken ear. I’m tempted to try and sand it a bit (will look like one ear smaller than other unless I try to equal them out)  as don’t really want to waste it.

Last year I do remember they were very good with one order that had something wrong and sent me extra pieces. The agents themselves via email are always lovely so can’t fault them.

You should report any faults and they will replace.

Years ago, I remember I had two occasions on different orders where quantities were wrong and I reported this each time.  From an informal exchange of emails with a member of staff at UK DS it became clear that Playmobil could check back via my order to who had actually picked the parts and that if they made a mistake again then they would be disciplined. (I got the impression that it would not just be for the problems with my orders.)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023, 19:32:19 »
These days, it surprises me when there AREN'T issues with the orders... :(

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2023, 19:45:20 »
Thanks all for the replies.

I think im actually going to be cheeky and ask them to throw some free bits my way. Nothing big but it’s getting annoying to have to keep going back to them (also holds up me using this for play with my son).

At the least will ask for a saddle, muzzle and reign so we can use a broken eared horse in the last order.

Part of the UK site having the spare part back on the site made me hope for a lot less emailing back and forth but no luck!

Offline CrimsonCleaver

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2023, 05:31:30 »
My request for a saddle, reign and muzzle was rejected unfortunately. 65ps worth, plus delivery I guess just over £3. Perhaps the agent wasn’t feeling so generous…Odd as one time I asked to ammend an order and they sent the items for free (think it was a table from a Scooby Doo set).

Am hoping orders get better as a couple days after my post the Anteater set my daughter opened for her birthday had issues too (marked print on the anteater and a broken peg on the mound). They’re replacing them but this is getting ridiculous having pretty much all orders having issues, I think currently I’m waiting for:

• Replacement hat as wrong one delivered
  • Replacement horse as broken ear
  • Replacement anteater as print marked
  • Replacement anteater mound as broken peg

I’m at the point now of ensuring I open everything and check things. I have a Soldier Lighthouse bought last year that held back for a present this year. Hopefully no issues!

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2023, 20:29:21 »
I haven't had any issues - recent order 16/06 arrived today 29/06, 47 unique items, 130 pieces, all present.