Author Topic: Hogwarts and our Harry Potter world  (Read 4641 times)

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
Re: Hogwarts and our Harry Potter world
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 21:48:49 »
That sound was my jaw hitting the floor. This is stunning!

:lol: that was very funny! Thank you for your lovely compliment! :thanks:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 22:45:02 »
Bloody brilliant Lufty. Loved the seer/fortune teller teacher, great use of parts. Haven't seen those guardian legs to make characters taller before, certainly works for Hagrid.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2021, 08:08:42 »
So good! I think you really captured the spirit of Hogwarts (literally in a few pictures!). I love the greenhouse with mandrake-pulling, the potions lesson, the library, Dobby the House Elf, the Weasley twins, Harry, Ron and Hermione, the list goes on!

This must have taken ages to create, no wonder you have been 'away' for a while, Lufty. Welcome back!

How did you get those flames to light up on the torches?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2021, 09:09:21 »
It's brilliant!

In addition to what GrahamB has mentioned, I also love the Owlery, and Dumbledore's study with the pensieve - and Fawkes. 

Such fun.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Luftgaengerin

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2021, 10:09:14 »
Bloody brilliant Lufty. Loved the seer/fortune teller teacher, great use of parts. Haven't seen those guardian legs to make characters taller before, certainly works for Hagrid.

Thank you, Klickteryx! I struggled a bit with those guardian legs because they are not really adequate... But, being half-giant, Hagrid has to be taller than the others, and the taller clown legs were too "thin" for him…  ;)

So good! I think you really captured the spirit of Hogwarts (literally in a few pictures!). I love the greenhouse with mandrake-pulling, the potions lesson, the library, Dobby the House Elf, the Weasley twins, Harry, Ron and Hermione, the list goes on!

This must have taken ages to create, no wonder you have been 'away' for a while, Lufty. Welcome back!

How did you get those flames to light up on the torches?

Thank you, dearest Graham, I’m so glad you liked it :) It has been a rough year, you know why, but playmobil is always there with several projects and customs waiting for a moment of distraction to spread some joy. ;)
The torches with lights are not modified, they’re electric light modules system X from set 6160, I thought they might go unnoticed in the middle of all the Steck :D

It's brilliant!

In addition to what GrahamB has mentioned, I also love the Owlery, and Dumbledore's study with the pensieve - and Fawkes. 

Such fun.

Thanks, Raven! It’s special to get a compliment from you, because I love your pics here on PF  :love:
"Give me that man that is not passion’s slave" - Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2021, 13:16:09 »
I cannot comment on these regarding Harry Potter (a couple of movies watched, and long forgotten :-[ ) - but it's GORGEOUS!

Love the building, and the tiny tower-building on rocks :love:

And the white guy with a beard! I never considered using a beard with that hair - well.. until now :P

I also love the pic of the reading cat - it's a wonderful photo. :heart:

(I do remember making a "Hagrid" for a friend, but went with a fat guy with old legs with artic boots - the kind Patrick... uhm.. the guys from the Scott Polar Institute wear ;) )

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2021, 15:25:10 »
I forgot to mention the pheasant who wants to be a phoenix when she grows up!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2021, 20:20:44 »
Amazing! I love it  :love:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2021, 03:20:29 »
Lots of wonderful stuff there. Really love what you've done  :love:

If you are going to mix that other brand their minifig sized Niffler is excellent

Offline Mr Raven

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2021, 04:26:16 »
I love the buildings and the scenes, and i don't even know the context, as i haven't read the books yet (i will some day).
When thinking outside the box you make the greatest things happen.