Author Topic: 4866 New castle!!!  (Read 28089 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 4866 New castle!!!
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2010, 20:33:42 »
Thank you, Panos, for the photos of the figures.  The new armour looks very impressive and the leather neck and shoulder pieces on the klickies is new too.  It's a shame though that with the weapons the axes cannot have brown handles for wood like the lance has.  I notice, too, that the arrow quiver is also metal coloured now rather than brown.  Small points, but, as they say, it's the detail that makes or mars.

And Alex, the plastic looks fine to me.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2010, 08:04:17 »
The plastic is excellent quality plastic both for the accessories and the castle pieces themselves! Playmobil only uses the finest qualitiy plastic and runs it through an intence testing for quality and safety! Playmofire is correct at another post in another thread, excluding a hazardous material from the plastic itself does not make the final product low quality!

I like the design of the castle as its not just a square box, it shows that fortifications are build on a terrain that is uneven, as was the case with real life castles, as Gaston points out, and as Martin has also pointed out in the past!

Small details would be great, like the wooden handles you mentioned Gordon. Unfortunately the arrow quiver is black, not dark grey that would indicate a metal material, like the helmets! The greatsword and strongbow are black...have no idea why, but I like to think that the greatsword is made of obsidian or black flint.... (something I read on a fantasy novel  ;D ;D ;D)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2010, 08:44:10 »
Black, if it's not a metallic black, for the quiver would be fine.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2010, 13:59:10 »
Black, if it's not a metallic black, for the quiver would be fine.

Indeed, a quiver could be made from tanned leather, possibly varnished for extra waterproofing.

A stone sword would sadly be too brittle to be practical, unless reinforced by magic. Obsidian and flint knives and axeheads are historically correct. 

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2010, 14:42:35 »
Is the horse's armor a new feature? I haven't seen it before, I think is FANTASTIC! I love it!  :love: :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2010, 14:56:49 »
Is the horse's armor a new feature? I haven't seen it before, I think is FANTASTIC! I love it!  :love: :love:

yeap!! I like it a lot too!!!

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2010, 15:46:46 »
Excellent review Wolf Knight! 

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2010, 18:04:30 »
yeap!! I like it a lot too!!!

This actually awesome, i wonder if these will fit in the old type of horses ... I really want about 100 of these to use in my light cavalry actually...!!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2010, 18:12:50 »
Awesome review and great pictures-
The main issue I have with Playmobil's current building system, is that they can't seem to decide what they want to use-  What made steck so successful is that they is so much variety- they stuck with it for so many years.  I actually prefer system x as it was when first introduced, but its too building specific, and lacks easy interchangeability.
But I really like this castle, and they seem to be paying attention to detail, always encouraging.
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2010, 18:51:58 »
Aaaaah! Those new parts! I want this figure with the dark grey chain mail collar. I want the new helm for the rider. I want the dark mercenary swords. The new armor for the head of the horse, and the arms of the rider.
BUT, I think this tin-can horse coat is the ugliest ever produced!
Not sure about the figure with the brown outfit...never used that colour before this afternoon for WK's bridgeburners...
 :wave:
Arnaud
Life in the so called space age...