Author Topic: 4866 New castle!!!  (Read 28098 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: 4866 New castle!!!
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2010, 19:03:02 »
An excellent thorough review,  again as with so many playmobil new sets for me the steck walls and large pieces are dissapointing, the klickies and their weapons and items are exciting .

I will stick with old steck ....  In playmobil world I am a crumpy old man and i dont mind at all actually. bring back steck and realistic mediaval houses with townfolk and town accessories , i am fed up with 50 new types of weapons and still the old type barrel since 1977 etc etc
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2010, 19:55:14 »
Not sure about the figure with the brown outfit...never used that colour before this afternoon for WK's bridgeburners...
 :wave:
Arnaud

i don't like the brown colour on the neck piece actually... maybe it should have been dark grey for uniformity... I don't like the brown in any of these fugures actually...unless it was a background colour, like only for the torso and legs...but then again the red gryfon coat of arms would not have looked good...

Perhaps I'll change this brown piece to a dark grey one...the mounted knight could also use a chainmail-covered-by-tunic legs dark grey/black instead of boots...

Oh wel, we can't have it all...but we can still customise  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2010, 20:16:00 »
The conclusion is that Wolfie made a excellent review and the new Knights have great and detailed pieces of equipment but the thing that Geobra bring again the system Steck back(as a hybrid) it seems that they took their lesson from the X system.

Lets Hope that they will manage to create something so creative as steck and easy build like x System!!!

STECK,STECK,STECK,STECK,..........STECKKKK!!!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2010, 16:15:28 »
This actually awesome, i wonder if these will fit in the old type of horses ... I really want about 100 of these to use in my light cavalry actually...!!!!

Light cavalry in platemail horse armor?   :hmm:

I have to concur with Cowabunga, this plate horse armor is ugly, but it does have a historical basis.

Bard made for Johann Ernst, Duke of Saxony-Coburg, dated 1548

Source: Attributed to Kunz Lochner: Bard made for Johann Ernst, Duke of Saxony-Coburg (32.69) | Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History | The Metropolitan Museum of Art
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 16:25:15 by Martin Milner »

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2010, 16:47:58 »
Thanks for the final part of the review Sir Wolf.

I can only concur in what was already discussed when I did the review of the smaller sets in this series. Many great customizing materials on the klickies, but the klicky design itself is not great.

I will also add my two cents to the Steck vs System-X debate.

I love my Stecj and am heavily invested in Steck. However I also have a lot of System-X for modern buildings. I think excellent castles can be built with BOTH. Seeing some of the designs that have been posted I dare people to say Steck is better.

It's a preference and I fully understand people promoting their preference. I have never built anything big with "Castle" System-X, but I can see how that would be great. I will stick to Steck however as I do like the fact that the houses just look more "in place".

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2010, 20:22:45 »

I have to concur with Cowabunga, this plate horse armor is ugly, but it does have a historical basis.

Source: Attributed to Kunz Lochner: Bard made for Johann Ernst, Duke of Saxony-Coburg (32.69) | Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History | The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Yes, I though of that the moment I first saw this armor...
However, as you say, it is Ugly. :P

Maybe if it were longer,
I think it would look a bit better. :)

Also, if it didn't look so "chopped up", like they stuck several odd
bits and pieces of plate metal together and created... this...
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2010, 20:25:59 »
Well...I love it!  :love: :love: :love:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2010, 20:32:55 »

Martin i can believe you,... you are a walking wikipedia.......

I had to rename my whole army from your information!!!

VIva Martin!!! you should play on Millionaire contest!!!!

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2010, 23:50:14 »
Now just to give you a few pictures of the knights and their accessories:

Looking at the klicky without the helmet; is this a new style of hair or has it been used before?

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2010, 00:25:14 »
Looking at the klicky without the helmet; is this a new style of hair or has it been used before?

Elaine

It was in a Pirate set,
I have one. :)
Steck is BACK! <:>