General > Trains!

Fallerbähnli

<< < (22/24) > >>

playmofire:

--- Quote from: Junker Jörg on March 10, 2022, 20:16:02 ---Good to see you like it! Thanks!

Acutally there's no "remote" control in use. Winter made the points go hard so I set them by hand - or they are "relapse-softs" (never heard of these? Well Google's translation's obviously wrong here 8}). I think it's 'resetting trailable points' you call a pair of points that goes back to it's original position after a train went over (throug?) it from "behind" and coming from the "wrong" end. So that's what makes the trains take the "back to the fiddle yard" side line.

I also had to realise the cables I used to operate switches and points were too flexible. So comes summer I'll have to replace them - fishing line's in waiting position already.

jj:

P.S. In German points are a "Weiche" derrived from "weichen" = "deviate". But as "weich" is "soft" Google was too confused to find the correct translation ;D.

--- End quote ---

The English term is "spring-loaded", a small spring returns the point to its original position after the train has "pushed" through the point from behind.  (Well, it's a small spring in the case of LGB R1s but in real life where such points are used it must be a very big spring.)

Eplay:
I’m no train expert, but you got me interested. I’ve been looking for the Dutch word for schattenbahnhof, but I couldn’t find it.

Junker Jörg:
Thanks Playmofire. Thought I'd once heard a term containing "spring" but couldn't find it anywhere. So it's a "spring loaded point" or "spring loaded set / pair of points"? I found a pic on the internet - it's quite a "spring" used there. Inside a Faller point ... äh... "gear box"? (the black box besides the points that holds the lever to switch them) ... well in there it's not even a proper spring but just a plastic bar bend to one side or the other.

@Eplay It's never too late to become addicted to trains - and no need to be an expert  :)! And as for fiddle yards: On a proper Germany model railway layout a fiddle yard is to be concealed by a mountain structure - maybe a lack of mountains is the reason there's no term in Dutch  ;D Es ist nie zu spät, ein Bahnfreund zu werden; und man muß kein Experte dafür sein  ;). Und was den Schattenbahnhof angeht: auf einer ordentlichen, deutschen Modellbahn liegt der im Schatten eines Berges auf der Anlage. Vielleicht gibt's mangels Bergen kein passenden Niederländisches Wort dafür  ;D.

Ich hab mal ein Bild einer "offenen" Rückfallweiche angehängt - das ist ein Trum von einer Feder, während im Faller Schaltkasten nur ein dünner Plastikarm die Zunge zurückfedern läßt.

jj:

P.S. Nein, kein Bild -  beim ersten Versuch hätte es nicht größer als 400k sein dürfen - ich hab's auf 200 verkleinert - dann hieß es, die Grenze liege bei 100k...  ??? No pic, sorry. My first attempt was stopped by a note not to exceede 400k - i shrinked the pic to 200k to be informed, the limit now was 100k  :hmm:. Strange!!

GrahamB:
There is a limit of 100kB per picture or 300kB per post, so you either have to post quite small files or use a third party site to host your images. Its a bit of a nuisance!

Junker Jörg:
Zur Abwechslung mal wieder ein Film aus den Garten...

Just for fun a new garden-clip.

jj:[/color]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version