Author Topic: Jangmobil on YouTube  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Jangmobil on YouTube
« on: December 06, 2014, 02:34:45 »
Hi all, just wanted to let you know about a new channel on YouTube called Jangmobil. It's a review channel being done by the same guy who has been doing the Jangbricks channel for a few years now. I'm not a huge LEGO fan but have really enjoyed watching his reviews. Its great to see him expanding to Playmobil. He does really good quality video, and the more Playmobil out there to look at the better. http:bit.ly/1wuxU2h

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Jangmobil on YouTube
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 09:53:52 »
cool! thanks tim!
 :)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 14:08:02 »
Thanks for the link Tim. You are very correct in that he does have great looking crisp videos. I really like his lazy Suzan white display table concept.

As I watched the video I was reminded of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. He sounds similar in energy and personality, very calm and overly positive. I prefer Eddie Murphy's version from SNL  :lol:

I think he is leaving out many important details for collectors. Perhaps he is doing this for a child's show? The fact that the fire truck is made in china is one of the biggest issues to me as a serious collector and he makes no mention of it. He obviously is not yet familiar with the playmo brand so perhaps he will become wiser to these details.

Thanks again for the heads up, it was nice to watch the 3 reviews and how professional the presentation was.  :xmascheer:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 18:02:31 »
I think he's very aware that he's on a public channel to a broad audience. He tends to keep his reviews kid friendly but is not afraid to say he dislikes aspects of sets. I've watched a lot of his LEGO videos and he's not afraid to say when things are badly made. For instance that old dragon with the wings that fell off - he would definitely highlight that aspect and report the function problems and how they would effect play. He's new to Playmobil so it will take him a while to figure out the broader trends we tend to comment on. There was a comment from someone on that video that pointed out the quality difference on the fire trucks, and I responded to that. It was a good comment that took into account the difference in markets between the US and Europe.