Author Topic: Some photos from Kirkbean 2014.  (Read 3905 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
Some photos from Kirkbean 2014.
« on: August 10, 2014, 16:19:28 »
Following on from a very successful four day exhibition at Kirkbean in which after expenses we raised £1100 for hall funds, I have been busy sorting through and resizing my photos so am now able to post them. 

My thanks go to Gordon (playmofire) and his wife Diane, and Walter (Walts-Trains) and his wife Marion for helping to make it such a success.

Walter brought along an airport display, some of the items available in the UK next year and a play area of mainly 123 toys which the visiting children enjoyed greatly.

Gordon set up a 16 feet x 8 feet Countryside Railway diorama with lots of little details - it even had an ongoing story which continues from the past 4 years - I'll leave him to tell that!

I made a 12 feet x 8 feet Victorian Seaside diorama, an 18th Century based Harbour Scene and a Countryside Fair based on our local country fairs here, plus an 8 feet square Egyptian Scene, consisting of tourists visiting the pyramids while a film crew were filming for a film about Ancient Egyptian. 
My son James wanted to be involved and as an avid watcher of any musical shows on TV, he decided he wanted to do "The Voice UK".  He provided all the ideas while I put them into practice!
My other son William helped with putting out figures and also put in a few funny touches of his own too! 
My long suffering husband Sandy also helped with construction of the layouts and put out a lot of the parts for the Harbour scene.

This year we kept a record of visitors and we were surprised to find that overall we had more adults visiting than children!

There are a lot of photos so I will post them in seperate topics, and let Gordon post detailed photos of his own display,It was hard to take photos when there were lots of visitors as we were busy talking to them and difficult also to take photos of an entire diorama, but here are a few overall photos from each diorama and of the hall to start with ...

Elaine

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: Some photos from Kirkbean 2014.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 16:42:35 »
Everything looks fantastic, Elaine!  :clap:  I especially love the idea of a film crew at the Pyramids - looking forward to seeing everyone's photos!   
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 16:52:48 »
Splendid, Elaine!  Now I have to go back and look at everything again . . . and again.  Looks like I have my Sunday afternoon entertainment all worked out!  :love:

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 19:41:11 »
How wonderful it all is.  I was intending to say, 'My favourite is....' but the more I look at anything, that becomes my favourite.  Including the hall scenes.  Happy visitors are wonderful too.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 21:25:29 »
Thanks for sharing your photos, Elaine!
Quite impressive and it appears to have been a very well attended event.
Pleased to see that you are also attracting other wonderful presenters like Walt and Gordon! Hopefully, even more collectors from the UK will join you next year :)
And, who knows, you might even attract some collectors from other parts of the world.
Thanks again,
Richard

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 02:53:39 »
Wonderful displays, thanks for sharing the photos. I agree the Egyptian combo scene is great. They really needto release avfilm crew again its a great way to combine themes.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 14:46:08 »
It looks great! It sounds like the exhibition was a great success again. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline conniefrere

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 17:12:38 »
Nice displays! What an active paymo community there.
 :wave:
:playmo: :egypt: :roman: :builder: :playmo:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 16:19:19 »
What a wonderful diorama show you put on. It's so great that you were able to work together on the show. I am quite intrigued that you were able to make it a fund raiser event for your hall and it was a success. Now to go look at more photos.

Great job
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 18:04:26 »
I plan to start posting some photos of the train display tonight.

Ras, thanks to Elaine's efforts largely (and solely the first year) it's been a fundraiser for five years now; quite a few people come year on year (well, some actually come more than once each year!)

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”