Author Topic: Victorian Parts questions  (Read 2324 times)

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
Victorian Parts questions
« on: May 18, 2013, 17:44:13 »
 :wave:
I've been a bit busy lately but last week I got a large number of victorian sets of eBay.   ;D
I need some help with the missing parts to put together a DS order.

1. Is the yellow stick from 5504  (Pic ) the same as the one from the new nativity? Pic

2. Is the bottle from the same set available recently...I don't think it's the same as School canteen

3. I'm looking for a pumpkin to complete 5502 children with pumpkin cart  Pic
Looking at the pumpkins on PlaymoDB (Pic) which shade should I order?

Thanks.
[img]

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Victorian Parts questions
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 18:45:54 »
This is the sort of question I like!

According to PlaymoDB:
(a) "Tree branch/stick, large", light orange, 30 05 3650 is in set 5504 and nativity 4884, so it should (in theory) be available from DS
(b) Only one "bottle for drink", clear green is listed, 30 05 0790- this is the one in 4327 school canteen: though PlaymoDB doesn't actually list it as being found in 5504 it is almost certainly the same. 
(c) "Pumpkin", yellow is found in 5402 (Children with pumpkin and cart is not 5502). This is 30 05 9080 and is also in set 4179 which is still on sale in Germany so the part should be available from DS.

In summary, you need to order 30 05 3650, 30 05 0790, and 30 05 9080!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 18:50:45 »
PS I have all three of these parts spare- PM me your address and I will send them to you!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 19:51:52 »
You beat me to it Graham, I was going to offer the bottle and the pumpkin too  :lol:
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 09:02:46 »
Thanks! That's a very kind offer.   :)

This is a list of all parts I am looking for-if you could help out with any of these I would be very grateful. 

5504: Hobo and policeman
Black hat with yellow flower (I think this would also be available from DS due to it being in the large hospital set)
Silver shiny sword.

5321 cream bedroom:
Woman's blue hat with white ribbon

From 5310 grandfather's room and 5320 dining room:
Brown side table x2

5505: Pig cart
Red harness for dog

5311:Children's bedroom:
Blue bowtie from boy x2 Pic

From any set with dolls pram:
Dark pink matress
White doll x3

5341: Produce stand
30 63 2090  Brown rectangular sign

I have some parts available for trade or am more than willing to buy.  Just let me know. 
Verity.  :)
[img]

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 15:07:06 »
Sorry, Verity, I haven't any of those parts, but will gladly let you have the other three (stick, pumpkin, bottle).

Graham

Offline susan17080

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 15:37:54 »
Hi Verity

I saw your post, and I just wanted to say that you can probably find a good deal of these parts on this website:
www.vintageplaymoparts.dk

Susan :D

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 17:15:07 »
Thanks for that tip, Susan. I got very excited about a new source of old parts, but at the moment their stock is pretty low. Still, it may be worth a look now and again.

Oh and it's a bit of an odd website to navigate. It accepts part numbers without spaces, such as 3006021, but it's easier to search what they have got by clicking on the black square with three horizontal white lines (top left, just below 'The cart is empty") and then on 'Categories' and then on one of the pictures.

Offline susan17080

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 07:56:54 »
You are right about the navigation GrahamB, had the same problem ;D
How ever you can send them an email if there is some specific part that you are missing, I did, and the parts that I needed
went up on the page in 48 hours. I then received an email that my part were now available for me :D
I don´t think that they have all the parts registrated yet.
But I could see that most of the parts Verity was looking for was available

Susan  :love:

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 13:37:36 »

From any set with dolls pram:
Dark pink matress
White doll x3

Let me look around my parts stash (which is currently EVERYWHERE and see if I have these parts (I'm actually fairly certain that I do have plenty of that white doll but I will have to check to be sure)
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)