Author Topic: Kingdoms Map: War campaign  (Read 25964 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Kingdoms Map: War campaign
« on: February 03, 2011, 14:05:52 »
Once again I fully agree with Gis  ;D

I will stress that it is very important to separate between say what King Iseroth says and what Giorginetto says for example so no one gets upset and there are no misunderstandings

MY idea about the WAR!!!  against  King Darnald ( Grangel) was made well before this map and purely to turn it into a community event , as my playmoden is not that far from where Angelo is actually and we wont see often nearly 2000 klickies in battle formations ... I have paused all such provocations and there will be plenty  :lol: and related discussion with respect to Gis tournament which is ongoing and wont do any such talk with King Iseroth till its all completed .

The idea of linking this battle that will take place hopefully with real klickies in my playmo den will have agreed rules of engagement and probably a third party referee ( Sir Wolf) , these rules are of course to be agreed between me and Angelo and implemenetd with the welcomed assistance of Sir Wolf .. whereas these rules of engagement apply to this map and world is another topic and a big one.

I am upset when I read that forum members are  being 'concerned' that King Iseroth's kingdom will devour theirs or that their be cought up in that conflict etc . I think linking this war between Iseroth and Darnald  to this map is something  that has to be decided between me, angelo and the founder/owner of this map, WoT  and with the consent of others , as far as I am concerned. For me half the fun of this map can  be to use it as a strategic  game and armies making alliances and wars , pictures of each kingdom army will define their strength and moves and really this lot can become very complicated and exciting wargaming...also we can define rules for commerce , for example i have lplaymo vegetables and livestock, fishing boats and fish , all these should be taken into account toward a trade capability with otehr nations  , I am thinking in the lines of games as Microsoft Age of Empires , the possibilities are endless and it would  be great within a medieval virtual world to link via trade , marriages between kings and queens or via war ... and of course via tournaments as Gis. This map can become something really big and awesome in my opinion ...

Provided its agreed and accepted i think battles are a key part of the fun in this map and they should be included in the game. You see this is far more than a map actually and a lot needs to be discussed and agreed before hand . But , and I am sure Angelo ( grangel) will agree we wont have to wait for all that for our community get together and battle to happen regardless of this map.

Now on a lighthearted note in character mode  to spice up my post : 

' King Iseroth will soon summon all of his forces , his light sword infantry , heavy sword infantry, heavy pikemen infantry , light barbarian infantry, heavy barbarian infantry, heavy crossbow men, light archers infantry , light knight cavalry, heavy knight cavalry, heavy swordsmen cavalry , catapults and siege towers engineering , imperial heavy sword guard , viking navy , viking light  troop, banners and drum detail, first aid and cooking/food  wagons, fresh horses and livestock , viking navy    an army in excess of 1500 klickies and attack  King Darnald and bring down the banner of yellow dragons once and for all !!!!!    :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight:

... and if the game is decided and agreed by all participants to be on this map he will demand right of passage from all kingdoms on his way offering them as thanks  alliance and a pact of peace and commercial relations . After all King Iseroth's  ' Port of the Kraken'  and city  market is famous for its many goods available ( pictures soon) livestock, fish, vegetables , fruit,  linen, clothes, armour and weapons, pottery , wine ( famous for its red wine called Atregiou ) and fine pine and oak wood and carpentry ( all these shops , stalls etc will be in pictures soon )  over 150 klickies involved in trade in his city and over 150 farmers ... so all neighbouring kingdoms can benefit from this and also know that parts of his army   will be dispathced in need of aid. Just let him deal with his arch enemy King Darnald ( Yellow Dragons) a story of conflict between the Nuremberg banner and the Yellow Dragons banner that goes back many many years and time to settle things once and for all in the mother of all playmobil battles my dear Kings and Queens !!!!!!  '

:knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight:

PS: All such discussions to continue please after Gis Magnificent tournament  :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 14:16:36 by Giorginetto »
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
Re: Kingdoms Map: War campaign
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 15:09:54 »
MY idea about the WAR!!!  against  King Darnald ( Grangel) was made well before this map and purely to turn it into a community event , as my playmoden is not that far from where Angelo is actually and we wont see often nearly 2000 klickies in battle formations

Giorginetto, I know you are excited and all but I have you to ask and read a bit before you post.

King Darnald was the host for the Winter haven Jousting Tournament. King Darnald has nothing to do with Grangel.
King Darnald did evict you from his lands when you did not show up for his dinner and continued talking about the WAR! when he had specifically asked people not to.

King Leopold of Belathre is allied with King Darnald of Winterhaven, for many reasons, chief among them, their wives are sisters.

I agree in principle with has has been said after my last long post , i think as we are talking about mediaval times and pretty much all playmobil mediaval klickies are battle oriented epsecially today , the war and allies and sieges etc needes to be a key part to this mediaval map set up.

Having two maps one called maybe MAP OF PEACE and the otehr MAP of WAR will make everyone happy .

Sorry to be a bit harsh, but really you are as I see the only one who feels that battles and sieges are a key part of this map. Most people enjoy this map for a great opportunity to create a whole world around them and interact with other forum members. You are one of the few that wants to play Risk.

Sorry for being this blunt but you should take the time and reflect on the words written by the other members. what I have read so far is that they ALL want a peaceful land. where war is exceptable only when the two parties involved agree with it. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

I don't think many people would participate in your WAR map, judging by the comments from the people in this thread. I think your desires are different from the others.

I think there is a place for war on this map. and if I feel justified in going to war and so does my opponent a peace map would not stop me.

I would really like to see one map, with an option of war when both parties agree.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 18:56:45 »
WoT you are doing a great job setting all this up and providing us with options for war rules.

:)9

Eventhough it would suit me fine to add a 1000 strong klicky army of romans and egyptians i cant see really how these would mix with the mediaval theme and knights on horses .... and dont get me wrongo i like the idea i just think its nor somehow right .....  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline playmojager

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 19:52:15 »
Eventhough it would suit me fine to add a 1000 strong klicky army of romans and egyptians i cant see really how these would mix with the mediaval theme and knights on horses

Maibe historically isn't that correct but the weapons are the same, all armies (ancient and medieval) are using swords, spears, helmets, shields, catapelts, castles, cavalry etc. so in my opinion we can use all of them.
  Fire and Axe

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 11:14:30 »
Three Lords rule the land.The land of forests by lord Telemachus and his dexterous archers from the city of Ainos.The land of plains by lord Odysseus and his powerful cavarly from the city of Doulichion And finally the land of mountains by Lord Jerry and his fearsome foot troops from the city of Olympus.King Talos the fair rules the whole  Ithaca Kingdom and he is the Great Magistro of the order of Golden Dragon.He lives in the city of Atlantis with his queen Anastasia.Sir Grangel ,commander of the Elite Guard, protects the city of Atlantis with his invincible Elite Guard.King Talos also commands a small elite force, called the Golden Shadows.No one ,except the King, ever lived to tell us how they look!   

Goooood, gooooood to know all this before I invade and conquer King Talo's lands ...  >:D >:D >:D

or again things may be turned around and King Iseroth much awaited steck monstrocity and sea of klickies gets all destroyed  by the Yellow Dragons of King Talos !!!!  :o :o :o
Either way this upcoming WAR!!!  gonna be  a grand  photostory I hope and fun for all who participate !!!! I look forward to the conclusion of the tournament so the WAR!!! discussions begin , i will have a short photostory of King Iseroth and his war council agreeing to declarre war to King Talos and then show their discusions etc etc   :love: :love:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 08:43:32 »
I have no neighbours then yet ?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I shall then claim  all the lands between the Kingdom of Krull  and the  Kingdom of Ithaca for mine , I am invading the Ithaca kingdom in mid spring anyways !!!!

:lol: :lol:

Offline playmojager

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 13:33:32 »
I think nobody wants to be between you and Grangel's kingdom. It is very dangerous  :lol:
  Fire and Axe

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 13:35:39 »
I think nobody wants to be between you and Grangel's kingdom. It is very dangerous  :lol:

Well i have put a clain onto this lands and unless no one come forward I would like to out them under the banner of the Nuremberg , after all the WAR!!! between King Iseroth and King Talos is already on ....... May the Gods of War have mercy on the souls of all those who will fight and die in this war !

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 20:08:30 »
Unless someone comes forward I would like to claim the lands or at least part of the lands between the Kingdom of Krull and the Kingdom of Ithaca !!!! The road to WAR!!!  :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 21:15:19 »
Well done, WOT :)9

I think about how to change my story map to this world map.

... ups, and I need a name for the kingdom on the world map. Perhaps United Kingdom Of Mittland  ???

Greetings

Vauban

Sounds good!
It could be a few years in the future from your story. ;)

Unless someone comes forward I would like to claim the lands or at least part of the lands between the Kingdom of Krull and the Kingdom of Ithaca !!!! The road to WAR!!!  :knight: :knight: :knight: :knight:

Something like this? ;D

Steck is BACK! <:>