Author Topic: Hello all you lovely people  (Read 438 times)

Offline Lozza5

• Playmo Pal
Hello all you lovely people
« on: January 26, 2024, 21:06:45 »
Hello everyone! I joined in 2021 but was too stressed back then to introduce myself. I must be feeling better because now I can finally do it!
I was a member of PCC for a few years and then found  Playmofriends when I was searching for Victorian playmobil. 
(Back in in 1992 I bought the house and all the sets that you could get in the UK at that time for my daughters.)
Anyway, my search took me to this site where there was talk of a relaunch! Needless to say, I have re bought most of the Victorian sets now, even getting some that we didn't have first time round.
Over the years, I've written letters & made suggestions to playmobil, and they've used many of my ideas. I'm proud to think that Hans Beck must have read my letter sent in 1993 and seen a kindred spirit. I think he imagined the most exciting toys and then went about seeing if it would be viable to make them - rather than thinking which toys would make the most profit. I wish I'd met him.
I'm so happy with all the Victorian relaunches so far & can't wait to finally get the kiosk. It's a bit disappointing not to get the figures that originally came with it, though. We need more Victorian figures! Also it would be amazing if there's a relaunch of the Western Train!!!!!!!!!!!! Or even the steam train! Trains & lights bring a diorama to life!

I'll try to work out how to make & reply to comments. TTFN  :wave: :love:

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Re: Hello all you lovely people
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 23:32:25 »
Welcome to the forum!  :wave: I'm also hoping for the return of PM trains.

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2024, 01:27:46 »
Welcome (back)!!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2024, 10:20:32 »
Welcome Lozza5 from Stroud in Gloucestershire!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Alex4420

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2024, 12:54:08 »
Welcome!!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2024, 13:09:38 »
Over the years, I've written letters & made suggestions to playmobil, and they've used many of my ideas.

:o :(o): Which sets or klickies did you suggest? We must know more!   :irish:
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2024, 18:10:05 »
Hi Lozza, very happy to see a fellow Victorian set enthusiast to get to know and share about our favourite sets and ideas  :)

I also wrote a few letters with suggestions and drawings of what it should look like, back in the early nineties  ;D I drew a supermarket and a restaurant. My klickies must have been hungry :lol:

Offline Joshua D

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2024, 18:17:03 »
Hello from California Lozza5,

I agree with you about the Western train, I still have my steaming Mary but,I would love to see an updated version as well as a whole new line of western sets. At this point though, it seems more like wishful thinking. I loved seeing the western scenes in the playmobil movie, too bad they didn’t produce some of those buildings like a hotel or barbershop 💈

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2024, 00:17:54 »
Welcome! :)
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2024, 09:39:29 »
Welcome from Portugal!