Author Topic: Recent rolling stock buys - 4111 goods vans  (Read 1133 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Recent rolling stock buys - 4111 goods vans
« on: February 03, 2013, 15:22:32 »
I've had a few good buys on eBay UK recently of rolling stock for the Seaport & Beachtown Coastal Railway.  Here they are, starting with the 4111 goods van.

I now have four of these as they are a good, all-purpose vehicle for general freight.  So far, only my latest buy has been complete, the other three have all had either the roof of the guard's section missing, steps or the guard's section itself.  My latest buy, however, was complete, even having two sets of steps.

The other photos show another a 4111 which came without the roof for the guard's section and with a temporary replacement, a modified skylight cover from the police intervention van.  This will be resprayed grey and have its edges rounded off to make a custom replacement (unless some one has the genuine article looking for a good home).

Of the other two 4111s, one came horribly hand-painted in a sort of camouflage finish and is being stripped back before repainting.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Recent rolling stock buys - 4014 low-sided truck and 4106 flat truck
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 15:31:03 »
A nice condition low-sided goods truck arrived last week to add to a flat truck with chocks an timbers for vehicle or cable drum carrying.  The flat truck was the second one of the type as I already have one but only with 4 of the chocks.  This one had the complete set of eight, something you don't often see.  (Strangely, although the first one I bought didn't have a full set of chocks, it did have with it a full set of 10 side pieces for the 4105 flat truck!)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
Re: Recent rolling stock buys - 4105 timber/pipe truck
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 15:43:38 »
Pride of place has to go to this one, in its box and complete with pipes, side supports still on their sprue, end pieces and two small red "clothes pegs" which fit on the couplings, presumably to prevent unwanted coupling when "parking" a truck on a siding, and all for £20.55.  (I'd be interested if any one else has come across this before.)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Recent rolling stock buys - 4111 goods vans
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 15:52:10 »
Great buys Gordon, you have no idea how jealous I am of your purchases. Those are in short supply here in the US and especially in the classic brown color. Your train is going to look so good with them all attached. Congratulations on your beautiful purchases 

The red clips I use to actually keep a train car locked on. Our garden railway was built in a hurry so we still have lots of bumps and jolts the train experiences and many times on a hill the cars will become unhitched. Once they get unhitched they take off down the hill and usually derail out of controll  ;D
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 16:05:29 »
Great buys Gordon, you have no idea how jealous I am of your purchases. Those are in short supply here in the US and especially in the classic brown color. Your train is going to look so good with them all attached. Congratulations on your beautiful purchases 

The red clips I use to actually keep a train car locked on. Our garden railway was built in a hurry so we still have lots of bumps and jolts the train experiences and many times on a hill the cars will become unhitched. Once they get unhitched they take off down the hill and usually derail out of controll  ;D

Thanks, Ras.  I'd never thought of using the clips to keep the truck coupled up.  I bet you're right because I noticed that none of the flat trucks came with weights underneath them and so would be prone to bumps and dips.  (I added weights to them all, btw.)  I guess Playmobil put the weights on the carriages and freight cars to stabilise them because of their height.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 19:19:50 »
Great additions Gordon. I would think those wheel chocks would still fit the current flatcars. I could use a bunch of them but I suspect they are long gone from DS. I am hoping they will release some of the older train cars as add-ons for western

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 00:29:25 »
Great additions Gordon. I would think those wheel chocks would still fit the current flatcars. I could use a bunch of them but I suspect they are long gone from DS. I am hoping they will release some of the older train cars as add-ons for western

Those and the posts are very needed. Come to think of it Geobra could release every car as they never had LGB make the trailers, just the engine blocks.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: