Author Topic: Take Along House 5763, Reviewed  (Read 5910 times)

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
Re: Take Along House 5763, Reviewed
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 22:08:20 »
Thanks for the great review - I like the way you have set the klickies up  ;D

Am I the only one who struggles with no windows? This is what puts me off. I have long wanted a christmas house, but the enclosed nature of them puts me off a bit.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 01:09:23 »
You know? You're starting to convince me I need these take-alongs. :-[ I really love that wood-burning stove! :inlove:

But you know what? Looking at this set, I realize I would have really loved it as a kid. The various things painted on the walls are quite appealing to look at, and the furniture is nice. I think I would have had a lot of fun with it, especially as a toy to carry with me to grandma's house. These sets are better designed than I've given them credit for perhaps.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline joro75

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 01:36:13 »
Thanks for the great review - I like the way you have set the klickies up  ;D

Am I the only one who struggles with no windows? This is what puts me off. I have long wanted a christmas house, but the enclosed nature of them puts me off a bit.

I have a hard time with the no windows thing too......one of my favourite things is to peek through the windows once everything is set up!!! In my Christmas setup I have used the yellow steck house for the Christmas room and I love looking in the windows to catch a glimpse of the Christmas tree etc  :) :)
The great man is he who does not lose his child's-heart.  ~Mencius, Book IV

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2011, 03:06:48 »
Thanks for the comments everyone!

I've never been much for these take-alongs. I had to have the Christmas House, so I bought that. Then, at a consignment sale, I found the take-along farm and the take-along pet clinic. Secondhand Playmobil is very rare here, so if I'm ever lucky enough to find any, I buy it! So, since I had 3 out of 4, I really wanted to get this one!

Luis: The chimney is available in this house and in the Christmas house. The best thing about the chimney? Santa can slide right down it into the house!

bonniebeth: I agree. As far as stickers go, these are very pleasing. I need to remind myself sometimes, that these sets are designed for young children! If they had been on the market when my daughter was 4 or 5, I wouldn't have hesitated to buy them for her. And she would have loved them!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2011, 07:07:53 »
Thank you for this review and wonderfull pics!!! I agree with the pics, and I am certain if I was a kid I'd love to spend time with this take-along!!!
Just one critique towards this set: they could have included a sofa for the living room and a better cook/kitchen tub. But perhaps space is too tight for these items?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 08:30:41 »
Thanks for the review and great pics...

I really like the chimney too...

But I think the stickers are stupid.. especially the ones with klickys... Meh.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 02:37:21 »
Just one critique towards this set: they could have included a sofa for the living room and a better cook/kitchen tub. But perhaps space is too tight for these items?

Well, if this is a family living in the 1800s, as everything except the clothing on the klickys seems to point to, it's likely they wouldn't have a couch, not everyone did. Out on the prairies, for poorer or average income families, benches for the kitchen table and a rocking chair for rocking babies were likely to be the only seats in the house. Of course, if that were the case, they probably wouldn't have had such beautifully carved beds, either. And this set has nicely carved chairs at the table, not simple benches.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline PlaymoMan

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 22:19:03 »
Thanks for the review, toyologist! :)
Nice purchase!
Life's essentials: food, water, shelter and at least one klicky.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 01:13:23 »
The best thing about the chimney? Santa can slide right down it into the house!

I know! that was my first thought! I want to make a Christimas picture with that chimney! :D will probably get the christmas take along - does that part happen to have its own part number? i checked on playmodb but I'm confused because in the picture I can't see the actual fire place

But you know what? Looking at this set, I realize I would have really loved it as a kid. The various things painted on the walls are quite appealing to look at, and the furniture is nice. I think I would have had a lot of fun with it, especially as a toy to carry with me to grandma's house. These sets are better designed than I've given them credit for perhaps.

yeah I agree - I loved to take my toys everywhere along with me when I was little :yup:
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline toyologist

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, 03:20:00 »
I know! that was my first thought! I want to make a Christimas picture with that chimney! :D will probably get the christmas take along - does that part happen to have its own part number? i checked on playmodb but I'm confused because in the picture I can't see the actual fire place

Part numbers (taken from the Christmas House instructions)

30 25 9510 -- chimney top (rim, really)

30 25 9500 -- chimney

Looking forward to any pics you'll take!