Author Topic: Collectobil- has it gone?  (Read 11054 times)

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: Collectobil- has it gone?
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2021, 06:21:05 »
That´s how I remember it as well...

Actually, the site was hosted at Richard's company server from the start. I think he intended to continue updating it, but then he convinced HOB to set up the PCC, in the hope that it would fill that void.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2021, 01:21:50 »
Actually, the site was hosted at Richard's company server from the start.

Ah, okay, I thought he had "acquired" Collectobil some way from you, he mentioned things about it here but I don´t remember his exact words/writings.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2021, 08:47:21 »
Ah, okay, I thought he had "acquired" Collectobil some way from you, he mentioned things about it here but I don´t remember his exact words/writings.

Richard was from the very start so kind and supportive to sponsor Collectobil by carrying the hosting and domain name costs through his company. The content was all on me though, as Richard had his own gardenwargaming to tend to.

When i got hired by Geobra, it became a bit tricky to continue with updates, sitting with one foot in company NDA's and with another foot in a collectors information hunting and spreading mindset was a potential conflict of interest. That and also lack of time where the main reasons the site stopped being updated. So when Richard asked if he could take the collectobil editorial, i passed it on to him, so he could build the site further.

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2021, 20:52:01 »
Richard asked if he could take the collectobil editorial, i passed it on to him, so he could build the site further.

And then Richard got hired by Geobra as well?  ;D

:-X

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2021, 22:10:13 »
No, he was not hired, but i think he was totally re-assured that the PCC would fill the many voids, including a Geobra operated collectobil-like platform. If i recall correctly he even had a meeting in Zirndorf regarding the PCC with HOB and/or Mrs Schauer, and it involved a rare helicopter landing on the HQ lawn :-)

But i think the PCC finally ended up as a public relations service rather than a community service, for all kinds of reasons.

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2021, 22:41:56 »
If i recall correctly he even had a meeting in Zirndorf regarding the PCC with HOB and/or Mrs Schauer

I heard about that. Macgayver (Michael) went too, iirc.. And didn´t Tiermann go as well? Or were those different meetings to set up the collectors´club?

it involved a rare helicopter landing on the HQ lawn :-)

That I didn´t know.  8-)
Now I wonder what it´s call sign might have been... Maybe 'Marine Mobil' ?  :D

the PCC finally ended up as a public relations service rather than a community service

And as a stillborn baby. Wait, I´m mistaking, it was 'alive & kicking' for 4,5 years  ::)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 22:52:09 by Hadoque »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2021, 02:26:13 »
Richard wasnt at the PCC set up meeting. That was Macgayver, Socrates, Rosebud, Gis and me. We had a big meeting with people from a nu mher of departments, and of course met HOB. I don't think anyone who was at the meeting is still with the company. The one big positive result from that meeting and the club set up that still is going is the online spare parts ordering in Europe.

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2021, 02:39:03 »
I don't think anyone who was at the meeting is still with the company.

10 years later and everyone who was there is gone, that tells a lot about the direction they´re taking...

The one big positive result from that meeting and the club set up that still is going is the online spare parts ordering in Europe.

Yes, the online spare parts ordering is great. I guess the addition of exclusive sets (like the Greek Gods, Goethe, Bach, Mozart, Schiller, etc.) to the webshops (of some countries) is also a positive remainder of the PCC?

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2021, 06:14:38 »
Richard wasnt at the PCC set up meeting.

Well, then he had an earlier meeting in that PCC process, to convince HOB. Anyway it's a long time ago, i just know a colleague called me that day to tell Richard was in the house.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2021, 01:48:54 »
The one big positive result from that meeting and the club set up that still is going is the online spare parts ordering in Europe.

Wow, that is a BIG gain from that meeting. I have been enjoying the service a lot, before 2015 when I was still in the UK, and now in DE. Many thanks for the achievement, guys!

:-[ I'm sorry to pry, but I'm clearly missing something, probably because I wasn't around prior to 2012 – please illuminate me. I know "Richard" is a senior member of this forum, but what is the back story? His posts don't tell. Is he the guy flying the helicopter that collectobart has mentioned? Was he big in the PM community? (perhaps Richard himself can tell)