Author Topic: 2018 new items  (Read 10128 times)

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
Re: 2018 new items
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2017, 03:01:46 »
I'm curious what DS reissues will be available. I wonder if they will use ideas from the PCC or just choose things at random like in past years.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2017, 08:39:31 »
That seems to be the criteria for doing licensed sets, having an animated tv series.

HTTYD and Spirit are both Dreamworks, so it looks like PM decided to cultivate that relationship.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2017, 08:42:33 »
I think HTTYD is a good one, making sense (unlike OTHERS)..

The Spirit series, I never heard of. I think I will watch the movie before the sets actually arrive.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2017, 12:17:37 »
I'm curious what DS reissues will be available. I wonder if they will use ideas from the PCC or just choose things at random like in past years.
The red steck house and hunting party are coming soon to the international market which were requested by pcc members. If they follow that then second half of 2018 we'll see perhaps the blue house, robbers' hideaway. We're also due for either the rathaus or jaegerhof.  They might produce a smaller set like the water carrying maid.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2017, 12:42:06 »
The red steck house and hunting party are coming soon to the international market which were requested by pcc members. If they follow that then second half of 2018 we'll see perhaps the blue house, robbers' hideaway. We're also due for either the rathaus or jaegerhof.  They might produce a smaller set like the water carrying maid.

If the red house doesn't appear in the new cat here, I will nag someone in Germany to get me some!

I wish they'd make the klicky reissues different.

Not sure there is anything new on those steck buildings...

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2017, 13:18:51 »
I believe some of the other steck buildings have more of those glass windows. The tailor only has one.

The DS rereleases are pretty much the main things I am still interested in purchasing, little else they release these days still interests me.

If it where up to me to choose a building, medium set and a small set to reissue, I'd go with the following:

-3626 Merry men's hideaway.
It has the hollow tree, rope hanging from it and some great medieval clickies.

-3447 Rathaus
It has five glass windows which seems far more than any other set ever had.

-4534 Templar special.
He's a great army builder and still the best looking templar figure that has been made.

I'd be very happy with reissues from the original magic theme though. That one time that it was made equally for both boys and girls before splitting it up into a world of violence for boys and a world of pink for girls.
This theme had many great looking princesses, fairies and such in normal colors! And all kinds of gnomes, wizards, genies and forest spirits that aren't armed to the teeth and could serve many purposes.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2017, 16:11:02 »
I'd be very happy with reissues from the original magic theme though. That one time that it was made equally for both boys and girls before splitting it up into a world of violence for boys and a world of pink for girls.
This theme had many great looking princesses, fairies and such in normal colors! And all kinds of gnomes, wizards, genies and forest spirits that aren't armed to the teeth and could serve many purposes.

How true..

I'd still prefer new klickys, but along the same line... Nice colors and all.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2017, 16:34:12 »
Well they made some improvements here and there, like great new hairstyles but aside from terrible colors they also made many female clickies unable to sit.
They have made much better dragons than the first one though, but then again they seem to release like 20 dragons each year nowadays.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2017, 19:09:52 »
Well they made some improvements here and there, like great new hairstyles

True. Sometimes I wonder WHY? I mean, don't get me wrong, I think EVERYONE knows by now I love different hairs (with a couple of exceptions  :P ), but some of those are so close sometimes you don't see the difference at first glance.

but aside from terrible colors they also made many female clickies unable to sit.

Agree. We had a serious problem with the skirted ones when they appeared, cause they couldn't ride. Not being able to sit is silly.  I mean, where do you draw the line?

They have made much better dragons than the first one though, but then again they seem to release like 20 dragons each year nowadays.

Again, true. We LOVE dragons, and I believe we have all of them, but they are FAR too many. The "asian" theme was ridiculous.. I mean, a freaking dragon should be unusual, no? When you have 10 different ones.. becomes... ordinary.

That said, I can't wait to see the new ones!!!  (I do hope they don't ruin the sculpts with silly shooting junk, like they did with poor Toothless. I still find it hard to believe someone managed to ruin THAT sculpt)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2017, 21:03:53 »

-3447 Rathaus
It has five glass windows which seems far more than any other set ever had.

Yes, though I'd want the original brown frames instead of the black one the tailor came with. If they could do a run of the green windows when nothing else used that colour I don't see why they couldn't have done a run of brown frames.
I'd also want the original sticker layout that the original Rathaus had. It would be great to get that double quill holder too, though that I wouldn't mind in another colour - yeah, I'm contrary. ;D