Author Topic: 70894 / 5320 Dining Room Comparison  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
Re: 70894 / 5320 Dining Room Comparison
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2022, 08:02:16 »
Strange you've got a cardboard carpet, because mine has the same type of fabric as the original one.. Which brings me to the question: could it be that the Victorian sets which are sold in the US are also produced in the US with cardboard carpets?

Or am I dreaming and there's no Playmobil production plant in the US? I kinda forgot? In that case it's weird you received a cardboard carpet....

Wait, what?  :(o):

I double-checked, in case I misinterpreted it. It's smooth. The original has a somewhat rough texture.

There's no PM factory here, and the box says Made in Germany. They do have the ability to produce specific sets for certain markets, but that's an odd difference.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
Re: 70894 / 5320 Dining Room Comparison
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2022, 10:29:57 »
I just dug out a pile of Playmobil rugs I have - and maybe I'm imaging it, but I think the rug that came with 5316 (Blue sofa set) is smoother than the one's in the original Victorian sets. So maybe they did change the manufacturing process. Or maybe it's the age?

I also have a rug that's from a 'modern' house set (not sure which one) and I think that one is cardboard?

I need to wait until I get these sets to compare, next time they have a sale on  :lol: