Author Topic: 70389 Everdreamerz Surprise Boxes Series 1  (Read 6533 times)

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
Re: 70389 Everdreamerz Surprise Boxes Series 1
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2020, 12:04:39 »
Thanks for your reviews & photos, I quite like Lady Nightmare & love the lemon/lime twins (it might take me a while to remember their names).  Good to know some of the critters are available from DS.  Not that I plan on ordering anything for a while..

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2020, 09:20:50 »
We just got the catalog in the mail. My niece found the Everdreamerz theme weird and confusing and quickly moved on to the animals. So much for target market response . . .  :lol:

Offline Janilew

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2020, 09:37:53 »
We just got the catalog in the mail. My niece found the Everdreamerz theme weird and confusing and quickly moved on to the animals. So much for target market response . . .  :lol:

Haha! Let's hope they'll learn their lesson!  >:D They probably won't.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2020, 05:44:25 »

And its "Haha" from me too!  :lol:

It reminds me of something a few years ago when my niece (who was about 7 at the time) was given a set of stick-on fingernails in a package explaining how glamorous she would look when wearing them. She put them on and cackled "witch!'
Despite marketing, children  have their own preferences!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2020, 05:59:37 »
It reminds me of something a few years ago when my niece (who was about 7 at the time) was given a set of stick-on fingernails in a package explaining how glamorous she would look when wearing them. She put them on and cackled "witch!'
Despite marketing, children  have their own preferences!

:lol: So true! A few years ago my niece asked for the three-headed sea monster. I was so proud.

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2020, 08:54:06 »
Thanks for the review!

After a long hiatus from Playmobil, I just love the new aesthetic side of these playmobil.

But I think the price is slightly on the higher side, as they are bundling the rings, cards and stickers with the figures. And making it a surprise box, meaning collectors cannot choose a particular one, is kind of driving me off. Would love to get several of these if I can just buy them with no surprise factor.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2020, 03:44:14 »
And making it a surprise box, meaning collectors cannot choose a particular one, is kind of driving me off. Would love to get several of these if I can just buy them with no surprise factor.

I hate all of the blind bags/surprise figures (and also a strange marketing decision, since supposedly they used to use the 'Specials' as a way of gauging interest in themes). I suppose eBay might be your friend for this.

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2020, 09:45:56 »
I hate all of the blind bags/surprise figures (and also a strange marketing decision, since supposedly they used to use the 'Specials' as a way of gauging interest in themes). I suppose eBay might be your friend for this.

Yes. But sadly some of those popular figures are sold at premium......which was created by Playmobil's decision of selling it in blind bags.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2020, 07:12:08 »
Blind bags are a trend in the toy industry right now (as much as we collectors hate them). I suspect Ebay is making the most money off of the trend.