Author Topic: New Ghostbusters Sets!!!  (Read 1206 times)

Offline BlackPearl2006

• Playmo Addict
  • Greetings from USA :) Pirates, Ahoy!
New Ghostbusters Sets!!!
« on: June 07, 2017, 21:07:12 »
Greetings, all!  Long time no see!

I have a guilty pleasure to announce.... I have succumbed to the licensed PM phenomenon.  I bought all the GhostBusters sets.... I have to say, as a fan of both Ghostbusters and Playmobil, I absolutely love these!  I do sort of feel like I'm "cheating" on customizing clickies, but I'm not so limited that I cannot enjoy these as well..... plus, they are still clickies, and you can still mix and match with existing generic PM universe if you want.  Already I'm planning on buying more Firehouse sets so I can find a way to combine them into a bigger set.

One thing I notice though, it doesn't seem as solid and sturdy as vintage PM playset material.  Kind of flimsy?

Looks cool though :)

Ahoy, Pirates, Hoist the Colours!

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: New Ghostbusters Sets!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 10:04:37 »
They look amazing.

Does Slimer come with that brown stand? I thought he'd come with a clear one? Great figure in any case. Have you got any pics inside of the building?

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 14:10:58 »
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-060717a.htm

michael crawford has reviewed the ghosterbusters sets, too. he's a very popular and very respected toy reviewer, and to the best of my knowledge it's the first time he's doing play,obil. love them or hate them, you can't deny the licensed sets are getting a lot of exposure.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 17:13:07 »
Hey, nice to see you around again !  It is a fun series. I have the small sets on the way, but will hold off on the big ones another month or two.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 17:50:19 »
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-060717a.htm

michael crawford has reviewed the ghosterbusters sets, too.

I quite remember his 12" reviews when I was into them...

I got mine yesterday - FINALLY.. first impressions were correct: the pups completely steal the show! :love: