Author Topic: 6465 vintage street lamp  (Read 7296 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 6465 vintage street lamp
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 15:48:28 »
"30 60 8710 Straßenlaterne-Zubehör" means street lamp acessories so it would be interesting to know what it is or looks like.

There must have been some connection between the bulb and the battery and the on-off switch.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 17:48:26 »
I think all those are the same price. How can they be sealed in a bag but come fitted with a LED? (It doesn't say they are in the original bag mind you).

But most of all, how come this seller can resell DS items on eBay without getting stopped by geobra?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 17:59:24 »
But most of all, how come this seller can resell DS items on eBay without getting stopped by geobra?

There are always plenty of ds items on ebay. And considering that playmobil will not serve a LOT of people, it is NOT a bad thing, IMO.

Besides.. how could they?

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 20:35:31 »
You are quite right, Graham.  It was the second one down that confused me:

http://stores.ebay.ie/hobby-toys?_dmd=1&_nkw=flickering+new

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 08:00:32 »
Besides.. how could they?

Stop people reselling DS items...

With the much-rumoured Blacklist! Those Gnomes of Zirndorf have their ways!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 08:03:42 »
DS items are frequently on eBay, still sealed in bag. I'm not sure how they could stop people doing it, since I doubt eBay would release their details.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 08:17:05 »
Stop people reselling DS items...

With the much-rumoured Blacklist! Those Gnomes of Zirndorf have their ways!

I suppose if you buy something and change your mind later you can sell it, no? At least I think so. Nobody is forced to buy. If they made the sets accessible to everyone, that would stop (except for discontinued, but <channelling Mal Reynolds> the way it is is the way it is </channelling Mal>).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 11:30:51 »
I'm going to buy one of the working streetlamps to see how they do it.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2016, 18:44:10 »
DS items are frequently on eBay, still sealed in bag. I'm not sure how they could stop people doing it, since I doubt eBay would release their details.

If a Geobra employee bought one item from a seller they wanted to investigate, they would then gain access to that seller's contact details on eBay, which might well tally with details on their own files (Paypal email address, DS order email address, for example). No need for any special agreement with eBay. I am not advocating this, you understand, but there are simple of finding out who is selling DS items if they want to! There are also ways of avoiding detection too of course, like using different contact details for eBay and PM.