Author Topic: 40th Anniversary Promo Figures  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 40th Anniversary Promo Figures
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 23:15:59 »
So how do we get some of these? Any body have access to them? I am never sure about the pcc and their supply.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 00:40:54 »
So how do we get some of these? Any body have access to them? I am never sure about the pcc and their supply.

I bought one knight and one princess figure from someone who visited the Nürnberg Toyfair. They didn't come cheap, but less expensive then what is being asked for them on ebay.
As I missed out on a few PCC-sale items because they were sold out within 2 hours, I also don't count too much on the next sale there to get the "real" exclusives.

Can't think of another way to get them (outside ebay), except hoping that PCC-sale quantity will be sufficient  :crossed:  ::)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 00:51:12 by Hadoque »

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 02:16:52 »
The boots on the knight are new to me so I rather like it and the blue and red doesn't bother me too much once he's all assembled with helmet and shield.

What are those pink things on the transparent sticker sheet?  Are they like the jewel from the Indian lady mystery figure (like Ismene's avatar).  That would probably make it worth buying for me - if they are available at all in the US.

Yeah, they look like little gem stickers. If you want pink gem stickers, some of the mystery figure princesses came with them.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 03:13:30 »
My two cents : Geobra should have had the decency to offer these figures to the mebers of the PCC right away, instead of letting us wait till they become available (if one's lucky enough to get them-"availability" you know...) in the "special sale" again...These are the things most of the PCC members joined for.

I would posit they should give these as presents of appreciation to the PCC members. 

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 03:19:48 »
Great review! It's cool to see these figures. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 08:31:25 »
I am hoping to get them on the PCC....

They're not that GREAT that I want to hunt them for a fortune (or two). What I wanted was the "paper stuff" from the fair, but the couple I saw escaped me :(

Those legs aren't new to this guy.. I'm not particularly in love with them, I think I prefer the simpler "knight legs".

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 10:50:13 »
Thanks for the great review. I am not a member of PPC, is it going to be available to non-member in the future?

Personally I prefer the colour scheme of the one 10 years ago, though this one is also great. I think it has to do with the red and blue used. Maybe they can adopt just either blue or red, and use different shades of that colour to make the figure more sophisticated.  :-[ :-[

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 12:01:32 »
At the prices these go for you'd think the gold was real  :lol:
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Cloud Strife

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 10:55:25 »
Yeah, they look like little gem stickers. If you want pink gem stickers, some of the mystery figure princesses came with them.

Thanks, Ismene did not know that.  I finally found the Rapunzel mystery girl and she did indeed have those.  They sell these gems at the notions store at 8 US dollars a pack but I do prefer to get only a few but with the added bonus of a Klicky :lol:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 10:19:33 »
Thanks, Ismene did not know that.  I finally found the Rapunzel mystery girl and she did indeed have those.  They sell these gems at the notions store at 8 US dollars a pack but I do prefer to get only a few but with the added bonus of a Klicky :lol:

I have a niece. We have lots of princesses! :lol: