Author Topic: Suburban House Extensions #7387 and #7389  (Read 6937 times)

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
Suburban House Extensions #7387 and #7389
« on: February 15, 2013, 19:05:33 »
The floor extensions #7387 and #7389 both arrived in plain cardboard boxes. 
These are the parts for #7387.

The roof and floor section are removed from the house and the wall sections are fitted with connectors.

The walls on the left side are connected to the floor along with the floor for the front balcony. 

In like manner the right side is constructed.

Before the roof is replaced, I added #7389 over the corner room.

The roof, door and wall section are removed.

The parts for #7389

After the windows and connectors in the wall sections have been attached, the room goes up quickly. 

The balcony and roof sections are assembled and then added to the structure. 

The stairway is then assembled and attached. 

With the addition of the flowerboxes, the house is complete.
Front

Rear

Thanks for taking this journey into System X with me.  I always wondered what the inside looked like with the corner room and extension floors and now I know.   :lol:

Joe

"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Suburban House Extensions #7387 and #7389
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 19:19:46 »
Oh wow, Joe, are you trying to ruin me!? :lol: I'm dying to have this entire set now, with all the extensions and everything. I've already planned what rooms would be what and where everything would go. :love:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 19:29:06 »
It looks quite wonderfull, thats sure to fit a large family and gives so much to work with for playing and storytelling.  :)

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 20:27:53 »
It looks quite wonderfull, thats sure to fit a large family and gives so much to work with for playing and storytelling.  :)

Thank you, I'm afraid it has grown a bit bigger since the last picture.   :-[  I just can seem to leave well enough alone.

Oh wow, Joe, are you trying to ruin me!? :lol: I'm dying to have this entire set now, with all the extensions and everything. I've already planned what rooms would be what and where everything would go. :love:

You have more of a vision as far as decorating than I do.  I think the enjoyment for me is in the building.  Will try to post some pictures of the furnished interior. 

Thanks for all your support.

Joe
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 20:52:03 »
That's a very impressive house, Joe, and I much prefer it to the 3965 it replaced:

http://www.collectobil.com/catalogue/items/3965.htm

However, I think it looks better with just the corner room and conservatory added; the extra floor makes it look a bit top heavy to my eye.

And many thanks for a detailed and extensive guide to the house and its variants.   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 22:00:08 »
It was a lot of fun building it, Gordon.  I've never seen a 3965 up close, it looks like a classic though.  Do you have any pictures of its layout? 
Joe 
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 22:56:47 »
It was a lot of fun building it, Gordon.  I've never seen a 3965 up close, it looks like a classic though.  Do you have any pictures of its layout? 
Joe

I have somewhere.  I'll look for them over the next few days or so.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”