Author Topic: Playmobil - The Movie, flops  (Read 3534 times)

Offline bml87

• Mayor of Deadwood
  • Playmo Addict
  • Collecting Western and animal themes.
Re: Playmobil - The Movie, flops
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2020, 15:40:32 »
I guess a second wave of toys was definitely the plan, but I can imagine they cancelled it after the movie flopped. I still haven't seen it, but I will order it soon on bluray.
Boris from Belgium - My collection - My dioramas:  Western Town II & North American forest

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2020, 16:51:59 »
I still can't believe they didn't make the passport.

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2020, 17:40:40 »
The passport, Glinara's gangsters both humans and aliens and a lot of stuff should have been made into toys.
Why was Rex released with a parachute and Robotitron with the drone thing while they don't even appear in the movie and there's so much cool stuff that deserved to be released?

I guess they reissued pieces for the first wave to see if the movie would prove to be a success before investing in original pieces.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2020, 18:45:40 »
The passport, Glinara's gangsters both humans and aliens and a lot of stuff should have been made into toys.
Why was Rex released with a parachute and Robotitron with the drone thing while they don't even appear in the movie and there's so much cool stuff that deserved to be released?

YES! And all the civillians, more soldiers, THE DINO, and the darn chicken! I wanted that chicken so badly!

No idea. Rex is the weakest link in the movie... and the klicky too.

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2020, 12:47:54 »
Finally sat down and watched the movie with the kids over the break (after importing a DVD because of delayed release in the USA)... this movie was delightful... was it the best movie ever? No. Worth modern movie ticket prices? No. But it is a good movie, especially for the kids, (ages 4, 5, 7, and 10 all enjoyed it, baby liked the animation but provided no commentary). IMHO Playmobil movie was better done than the Lego movie but suffers from the "this is for kids" prejudice that is also displayed toward the products themselves. While it is acceptable to society to have Lego as an adult, Playmobil is seen as childish by critics, who all seem to be well-paid professional toddlers.
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2020, 00:52:52 »
You have five young children and still have time to Playmobil? My hat is off to you sir!  :hatoff: :)9
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2020, 12:58:31 »
I am ALL the target demographics  ;D
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2020, 09:49:04 »
While it is acceptable to society to have Lego as an adult, Playmobil is seen as childish by critics, who all seem to be well-paid professional toddlers.

Playmobil themselves think of their products along those exact same lines, at the end of the day.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline NICO

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Greetings from Geobratia
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2020, 08:42:09 »
You have five young children and still have time to Playmobil? My hat is off to you sir!  :hatoff: :)9

+1  :hatoff:

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2020, 18:38:40 »
I saw it a $4.99 a ticket. They wanted $24.99 for popcorn, though, which didn't happen.