Poll

Can I call this the best BLISTER ever produced??

My Answer is YES!!
20 (66.7%)
NO.....boring
10 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Can I call this the best BLISTER ever produced??  (Read 11801 times)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
Re: Can I call this the best BLISTER ever produced??
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 06:53:29 »
Really? Why so  ::)

Over here a Special is around 2 euro, while a blister is 3 50. So it's almost a 100% difference in price. I'm not one to build HUGE armies, but I would've liked enough of these redcoats to man a ship and some sort of fortification. But it's a waste of money as things stand. I'll probably buy one or two, and pass on.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 08:04:54 »
Really? Why so  ::)
...But it's a waste of money as things stand. I'll probably buy one or two, and pass on.

me too...much as I like these new Redcoats(every part of him is very useful), I'll probably buy a couple only
...you guys can throw the green pirates legs my way (altho I'll have to spray over the green to make more samurai armymen  ;D

Offline henry_martini

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010, 08:31:31 »
Why is it the best blister ever produced? Sorry, but I fail to get it - why do I have to spend 3.50 euro (and more) a throw, in order to build a red coat army: apart from being quite expensive compared to the price of a special, I will also end up with a large number of pirate klickies I do not want (and it's not as if the pirate looks useful for customising).

I would understand all the excitement, had the redcoat been a special, but as it is, this must surely be one of the most frustrating blister packs ever. Gah.

I voted.
It is the best 18th century redcoat that was ever produced. And I like the pirate (which is even not heavily severed). But it is not easy to understand why both have to be packed together. This is not even an advantage for the real target customers, because children too will not like having uniformed pirates even at a bargain.

H_M   
@geobra: Thanks a lot! :-)

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 08:35:16 »
I voted.
It is the best 18th century redcoat that was ever produced. And I like the pirate (which is even not heavily severed). But it is not easy to understand why both have to be packed together. This is not even an advantage for the real target customers, because children too will not like having uniformed pirates even at a bargain.

H_M   
uniformed pirates ?? :(o):

Offline Colonel Klicky

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • 'There he stands like a plastic wall!'
    • KlickyWelt
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 11:03:29 »
It is a great blister indeed and I'll buy several of them. But I personally prefer the 5799 blister for being more useful for my pet subject of customizing.

and I haven't seen the redcoat's legs before.

To me the boots look exactly the same as that of several equestrian klickies like this one:

http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30%2014%203290

- Colonel Klicky
LuxPlaymoDays 2010 - Charleston-Diorama

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 11:49:57 »

It's too bad that Playmobil decided to use the "raggedy" vest on the pirate (it could limit its use for customizing). Other than that one little complaint, I would tend to agree with you, Heronimus. Overall, this appears to be a really good blister for customizers! Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 11:51:22 »
I like the redcoat a lot!! But I am not too thriled with the pirate!

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 11:54:47 »
well heronimus,
 :-[i had to vote yes.
 ;)... and yes this is the best pirate bliester ever produced by playmobil.
 :-\... this doesn't mean that there aren't others in other families (i honestly don't know).
 :)it has 2 totally new figures and it looks great.
 :)need we ask for more from geobra?
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Colonel Klicky

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • 'There he stands like a plastic wall!'
    • KlickyWelt
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 12:09:32 »
It's too bad that Playmobil decided to use the "raggedy" vest on the pirate (it could limit its use for customizing).

As this kind of ragged vest is very widespread among latest releases, it's a good method to rasp and sand the vests edge even. A shorter vest implies the enormous advantage, that you can use vest and belt simultaneously upon the same klicky. Of course this is possible with normal unragged vests, too. But for some kinds of customizing a shorter vest even looks more fitting, e. g. a zouave soldier.

- Colonel Klicky
LuxPlaymoDays 2010 - Charleston-Diorama

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 12:18:03 »
Thanks all for the replies.

@cachalote and other pilot members

Yes, please do ask Geobra for more of these, and it would be better if they could as well pair up two klickies that would both be needed in great amount. And maybe Geobra could truly listen to the collectors and reissue some older popular specials in the format of blister set. If they wanna make more money from us, they could also issue the older specials as "special specials", priced at 5-8 EURO or at some reasonable premium, to cover their cost of aging moulds. :love: :love: