Author Topic: New USA Target-Sets 5827-5832, 5836, 5838, 5842, and...4775(!)  (Read 15799 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
Re: New USA Target-Sets 5827-5832, 5836, 5838, 5842, and...4775(!)
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2008, 00:40:11 »
to justindo and donmobil:
 :wow: you have my full support, of course.

:) i would just like to add another idea - blister packs with sailors, royal navy sailors like the ones you have in the 3055 / 3740 schooner.

this, by the way, would be a sign that a new royal navy (much in need) ship, a bigger one, would be on the way.

:yup: this way blisters would always be good news, antecipating the future release of a fantastic set (instead of a way of selling "been-there-done-that" figures).
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2008, 05:19:18 »
Hey Martin,

I made some calls and your Playmobil hunt may prove to be a long one . . .

None of the toy stores in Grapevine Mills carry Playmo anymore.  Two used to but no longer do, due to unpopularity (huh???).  I had them both check to make sure there weren't any clearance sets lurking in the stock room to no avail.

The nearest Target to your hotel is about three miles away at 7845 N. MacArthur Blvd.  They only have the older stuff and plan to reset this week - so you may be in luck there.  It would be worth a trip if you are renting a car, or a call if you are travelling by cab.  The number is 972-506-9924.  Currently they have the old blister packs (pirates, knights, mermaid), the pirate island, and a very few other things that the guy on the phone couldn't remember.  I asked specifically about the new elf knights and dragon knights and arena . . . - not yet available.

The nearest TRU is 11 miles from your hotel 3125 W. Airport Freeway in Irving 972-252-5959.  They have mostly older stuff, but some cool things if you don't mind going this far (which for Dallas isn't far at all as you can travel for nearly 80 miles in one direction before you get out of the city).  The salesman there reports that they have (I can get the set #s if you need them) the pirate ship with island, the racecars in red and green, the police boat, a swat helicopter chasing a jet-skier set, the dolphin superset, an airplane, a motorcross set, a shark and diver set (cool, I have this one) Pirate/Knight/Mermaid blister packs and SWAT/Fireman/Pirate carry-along cases.

There are a couple of specialty toy stores in the Dallas area that sell Playmobil, but they will only have the same stuff that you can get from DS - I don't think they ever get any exclusive to the US sets (but I'll call around if you are looking for anything special).

Kelly

Thanks for ringing for me Kelly, that was very kind of you. I'll have to go to most of these stores or Malls anyway for other people (I'm with a party of five other work colleagues on a business trip), even TRU as my wife has asked for something from there, and yes, we will have a rental car to get around.

Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll get fresh stock in before I leave. In any case, I'm now well prepared for disappointment, and I'll go to the toystore in Grapevine Mills (I think it's KB toys) and ask for Playmobil, and wave my dollars at them to show what they missed. Maybe just as well, the list had grown to over 20 sets for various people, and over €200.

What I most want right now is the Roman Blister pack - I'm sure it'll eventually hit the UK, but at a higher price.

Looks like my Christmas Trip to Houston might be more fruitful. My sister-in-law is expecting, and we're going to join her and my brother-in-law for Christmas. We'll have a lot more time for shopping too.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2008, 05:34:20 »
Well our target finally made the room for some of the new sets . I picked up the 4444 and the 5836 & 5832 . I had to open the 4444 tonight and i must say it is a beauty :inlove: . The kids will love it in the hot tub as the other pirate ships are far too big for 3 kids and 3 boats 8}. One thing i notice that i have not heard anybody mention is on the tip of the mast, it has an extension to hold the Greek looking flag. it is made out of the soft rubber . I know the rubber is in the new dragon as well and i am beginning to think this is not something playmobil intended to do on its own . I know there are many agencies eager to sue a company when a child foolishly gets impaled on a toy :0. A rubber tip & wings might be some sort of way of appeasing safety standards .   :eh?:

I think the 5836 was talked about, but has anybody reviewed the 5832 ? I will open it tomorrow and can get the camera :camera: .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2008, 02:36:31 »
I just ran out to check Target for new blisters, nope. I did however pick up the 4444 and it is a beauty! The ship is larger than I expected (so I don't need as many as I thought originally) but is very well done. I am also glad that the gold coins finally have some glint to them, I used to color them with a gold or silver paint pen to get them to shine, so progress on one front at least (I think I will leave the dragon alone!).

Gepetto

Offline Jahme88

• Klicky Hick
  • Playmo Enthusiast
    • My Myspace Page
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2008, 02:54:42 »
Gepetto, Rasputin....agreed and agreed.  The best word for 4444 is BEAUTIFUL.  :wow:

That is one sweet little sailing ship.  <:>

And on the "Dream blister-pack" tip......I want a repack of the Mandarin Prince with the Mongolian Warrior, and the Ninja with some whole new figure, and them gimme an entire Asian theme to go with it, hold the fries....hehe thanks!

Another excellent idea to occur with the US release of the Egyptian theme next year would be a repack of the Arab Warrior with the old Nile Queen.   :yup: eh eh??
------------
Jamie Jo

"Peace, Love and Little Plastic People"

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2008, 03:00:45 »

I am also glad that the gold coins finally have some glint to them, I used to color them with a gold or silver paint pen to get them to shine, so progress on one front at least.

Funny how details are matter of taste, but I preffer the non-shiny ones ... These shiny will loose their paint, in a couple of years (all right, more than that ...). My shiny klickys & bits stuff from childhood had all of them lost their shine, when I was already a teen ...

(I think I will leave the dragon alone!).

Gepetto

So will I!

Maybe I'll get the elves, though. But maybe I won't. (Probably I won't.) There's a lot of other interesting things to get, instead.

Up till now (...) :-\

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair: