Author Topic: 70732 + 70733 Figures 21  (Read 4822 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
70732 + 70733 Figures 21
« on: March 06, 2022, 16:56:53 »
70732 + 70733 Figures 21

Review at playkingdoms: Figures 21 (direct link)

Just posted... as always, let me know if there's something missing ;)

Offline Eplay

• Playmo Lover
Re: 70732 + 70733 Figures 21
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 19:46:46 »
I really like the changes you made. Especially the dark warrior with the rhythmic gymnast arms.
That fish woman has a really nice torso. That one was unexpected.
Thank you for the review  :wave:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 22:10:14 »
Excellent! I was waiting for you or Tiermann to put your reviews together to answer some questions I had about this series before I find them. Thanks! :D

I do not think that the "bracers" on the paintball player are new. I believe it is the same mould used for the ones that the police officer in Series 14 has. I think it has also been used in a few other sets. It's just smoother than the "armoured" ones. :)

The gargoyle stone effect looks great! And your orc using the warrior torso, mermaid and warrior using the gymnast parts, and woman using the fish woman torso and kendoka feet are fantastic!

Are those new coats (like the one the vampire has) soft like some of the newer, large hair pieces? It seems like this is the case based on your description.

And, nice 14000 post count! ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 05:41:59 »
Great as always!

The dog trainer I think is an animal control officer, a dog catcher.

I like that the gargoyle head band with horns and the hair with hole are all separate pieces. As time goes on we can mix and match for customs with them. The headband part is clearly the same as the version with antlers just different horn inserts.

Love your customs, especially the orc  :love:

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 06:52:57 »
I was waiting for your review!  :lol: The official photos don't show all the parts or what can be done with them, like the torso print hidden under the fish costume. I like the kimono style, but something seems a little off about the obi and bow. The winged warrior has great hair. I don't know if that's a new mold, but it's certainly one I don't have. The ninja hairsticks are lovely. The normal face on the pajama lady is very nice. I'm glad there were no pink princesses this round.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 09:05:57 »
Thank you :)

Especially the dark warrior with the rhythmic gymnast arms.

That was the last one I did... but that arm....  :love:

That fish woman has a really nice torso. That one was unexpected.

Saw the pic somewhere (ebay?) before they arrived - before we already planned to do that with some matching pink torso, from the arms...

I do not think that the "bracers" on the paintball player are new. I believe it is the same mould used for the ones that the police officer in Series 14 has. I think it has also been used in a few other sets. It's just smoother than the "armoured" ones. :)

:o  I am blind. GAH. Yes, the same. I know what happened, I think that guy is set aside to sort since then - probably has the bracers on him. But I didn't find any others except that golden pair, that came RECENTLY, it was in the latest "bracers to put away" box  :-[

Nice catch. I need to sort that in the review. This is embarassing.  :-[

And your orc using the warrior torso, mermaid and warrior using the gymnast parts, and woman using the fish woman torso and kendoka feet are fantastic!

All planned except the warrior, who was the last one I did... well... IF the green matched the orc... and the asian woman was made with sandals, when I realized there were NO tan bare feet. Then when I was sorting the Kendo.. waitaminute....  :P

Are those new coats (like the one the vampire has) soft like some of the newer, large hair pieces? It seems like this is the case based on your description.

Yes, silicone or whatever.... I fear for them. Lots of potential, I think, but we didn't use them yet.  And having no sleeves (like that speedo purple one) makes them actually usable, right?

And, nice 14000 post count! ;)

:o  didn't notice!

The dog trainer I think is an animal control officer, a dog catcher.

Never thought of that - I associate that with things that are NOT welcome here - but I don't think the whistle would apply? No idea.

I like that the gargoyle head band with horns and the hair with hole are all separate pieces. As time goes on we can mix and match for customs with them. The headband part is clearly the same as the version with antlers just different horn inserts.

I hate the hair with hole - as I ranted about at length then, I hope  :P .  It is nice that the horns are separate - like you said, loads of possibilities.  But I find it kinda lame (and uglyish) that there's a freaking hairband for the horns. The holes should be on the hair, imo, making it look like horns, and not a silly mask.

I like the kimono style, but something seems a little off about the obi and bow.

The who?  :-[   My sister is all for cleaning the bow, but I don't really want to clean the torso until we have a second one (I am stupid that way) - and it WAS MISSING  >:(
Not sure if the asian lady will keep the cleaned one or the other planned lady will..

The winged warrior has great hair. I don't know if that's a new mold, but it's certainly one I don't have.

No, not new - I think it appeared in a special plus (a princess or something like that), and it has been used more...

The ninja hairsticks are lovely.

Yes - I actually prefer them in brown (:o WHAT A SURPRISE!), but I think these are perfect for the ninja.

The normal face on the pajama lady is very nice.

Yes, I wish there were more of them, normal heads (no double faces) - and "male"/simple ones too...

I'm glad there were no pink princesses this round.

Yeah, amazing what difference it makes.. I mean, that blue lady is gorgeous... and NOT pink :P

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 10:22:12 »
The who?  :-[   My sister is all for cleaning the bow, but I don't really want to clean the torso until we have a second one (I am stupid that way) - and it WAS MISSING  >:(
Not sure if the asian lady will keep the cleaned one or the other planned lady will..
The obi is the cloth band/belt that holds a kimono in place. The bow is presumably the string holding the obi on, but the print looks more like a gift bow.
The low neckline is, uh, not-traditional, so this is probably meant as a modern kimono-inspired top, rather than a literal kimono or yukata (similar to a kimono, but more summery and casual).

No, not new - I think it appeared in a special plus (a princess or something like that), and it has been used more...
Oh, I completely missed it. I wonder if it can be ordered from DS. Updos without holes are always nice to have.

Yes - I actually prefer them in brown (:o WHAT A SURPRISE!), but I think these are perfect for the ninja.
The brown ones are nice, but the more hairsticks, the merrier. I often wear wooden hairforks, so I'm on board with hairsticks.

Yes, I wish there were more of them, normal heads (no double faces) - and "male"/simple ones too...
Yes! I want multiples. The printed eyes with the whites can look a bit googly.

Yeah, amazing what difference it makes.. I mean, that blue lady is gorgeous... and NOT pink :P

Imagine how embarrassing it would be to arrive at a ball to find that all the other ladies are wearing the same color!
The peacock print is elegant and not cheesy. That translucent crown thing will have to go, though.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 10:55:19 »
The obi is the cloth band/belt that holds a kimono in place. The bow is presumably the string holding the obi on, but the print looks more like a gift bow.
The low neckline is, uh, not-traditional, so this is probably meant as a modern kimono-inspired top, rather than a literal kimono or yukata (similar to a kimono, but more summery and casual).

Thank you - and you are right, even to my ignorant eyes that bow looks off (hence my sister wanting it off).. We will NOT mess with that neckline though :love:

Oh, I completely missed it. I wonder if it can be ordered from DS. Updos without holes are always nice to have.

I believe I ordered it.. in dark:
https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30092053

(it is very nice, yes, without holes!)

The brown ones are nice, but the more hairsticks, the merrier. I often wear wooden hairforks, so I'm on board with hairsticks.

Completely agree! :)

Yes! I want multiples. The printed eyes with the whites can look a bit googly.

I never really found fault with those original old heads. Maybe they just seem "normal" :)  - I REALLY don't like those bright red mouths, ANYWHERE. A shame, because I really like those detailed eyes (when the prints are not on the forehead or on the neck).

Makes me also wonder how a "male" head would look like, done like this. Not gonna find out unless this head (or similar) can be obtained in numbers, and even then, cleaning just the lashes could be tricksy. Cheaply printed heads should be forbidden! :P

The peacock print is elegant and not cheesy. That translucent crown thing will have to go, though.

It did go.  ;D  I like that crown, but on a more.... fantasy setting.

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2022, 11:13:29 »
I believe I ordered it.. in dark:
https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30092053
Thanks for the part number! Dark is even better; PM uses blonde a lot for women's hair.

I never really found fault with those original old heads. Maybe they just seem "normal" :)  - I REALLY don't like those bright red mouths, ANYWHERE. A shame, because I really like those detailed eyes (when the prints are not on the forehead or on the neck).

Makes me also wonder how a "male" head would look like, done like this. Not gonna find out unless this head (or similar) can be obtained in numbers, and even then, cleaning just the lashes could be tricksy. Cheaply printed heads should be forbidden! :P

I don't like the bright red mouths either. It's a shame the faces aren't molded.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2022, 20:27:33 »
Thanks for the part number! Dark is even better; PM uses blonde a lot for women's hair.

That's true, I remember opening a BUNCH of mags, and most were blonde... by far.

I don't like the bright red mouths either. It's a shame the faces aren't molded.

True, and made worse by the declining print quality (also placement, what is wrong with those stupid machines!?)

And I added the info about the bracers - thanks Pynedor!  :-[