Author Topic: Learning about trains  (Read 9039 times)

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
    • Walts Playm0bil Collection
Re: Learning about trains
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 20:11:32 »
Google put this on in December. Since then the web site has been wiped clean and a new one installed. Hence the problen with the page sides.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 21:37:46 »
Google put this on in December. Since then the web site has been wiped clean and a new one installed. Hence the problen with the page sides.

Have you asked them to remove the block, Walter, or is there a new web address we should use?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 19:39:55 »
Gorden no you can go to the same web address.
If you go direct there is no problem.
I will be working on the page sides as soon as I can.
www.walts-playmobil-collection.me.uk
I will contact Google when I have got the sides of the pages fixed.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 21:17:40 »
Thanks for the info, Walter.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 19:27:14 »
Gordon web site sorted. Just need to check I have put on all I need too.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2016, 16:15:27 »
the ones you are talking about are the 30 22 2820 ones and yes they are longer and have little tabs that were supposed to hold the track better. If you buy add on packs of track they come with 30 20 4400's. Most of the inventories for the plastic add on pack shows the wrong ones that came with them. You can see them in the DB pictures having the 30 20 4400's. They both are system x but yes the longer ones would not fit well on say a floor as the tabs would get in the way of cliping all the way down. Both work to hold the plastic tracks.

I am looking at set versions and found this interesting post from Rasputin three years ago. It makes sense but contradicts other sources of information, so I am quite confused.

Sets 4384 to 4390 inclusive are sets of add-on plastic track. Collector shows two versions of each. Version 1 (of each) has the longer connectors 30222820 and Version 2 has the short ones 30204400. The dates when the two versions were available are given as 1997-1998 for version 1 and 1988- (to present day) for version 2. To begin with, these dates seem wrong, with V2 being produced earlier than V1. Also, the sets available today (e.g. as shown on playmobil.de) are pictured with the long connectors, i.e. Version 1. Rasputin said (in the quote above) that the sets of tracks come with the short connectors.Both sorts of connectors are available from DS (including a pack of 12 (?) of the longer sort available as 30511540).
So are the dates in Collector wrong? Are the pictures the wrong way round too? Any help appreciated.

I am not a 'train enthusiast' but I am trying to get to grip with set versions. Something here doesn't add up. (Mind you, I have a long list of errors I have found in Collector, so this might be another to add to the list!)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Walts-Trains

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2016, 20:40:43 »
The pictures in the collector are the wrong way round and would have been put right in the next edition.
Connectors for the track are now the long ones. The short ones are still used in some buildings that is why they are still available.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2016, 21:41:09 »
Thanks for that! Just as I thought.
What about the dates, though- should V2 read 1998-> rather than 1988-> ?
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2016, 16:43:24 »
If you are really serious about driving a train through the garden, I should choose LGB Toytrain. The handrails from the Toytrain range fits Playmobil hands quite good, and also the Playmobil trains fits on LGB. Most G scale rails fits to another (LGB, Piko and so on) and the choise in different types of G scale rails and switches is very large. At the moment there is no Playmobil trainset in the current catalogue, and I am afraid that Playmobil is stopping with the train range. You may also learn your son that a train hobby is slowly building up, but certainly it is a hobby for life. Keep your son also interested in trains (visit a railwaymuseum, that certainly lasted a great impression to me).

If you visit some older topics from me on this forum, you will see that I am running a mixture of old LGB trains and Playmobil trains. But that certainly does not stop the younger people to visit my garden at the camping site in summer.

If you have more questions, I certainly will help you  :)

Offline Junker Jörg

• Playmo Addict
  • Hier stehe ich, ich kann auch anders.
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 22:48:12 »
What about the dates, though- should V2 read 1998-> rather than 1988-> ?
Ja, denn die Funkbahn mit Plastikschienen kam ja erst 1997 auf den Markt. Definitely as RC trains and plastic tracks were first presented in 1997.

jj:
Lust auf Bilder? => www.klickywelt.de (mit Anmeldung)
Fancy more pics? => www.klickywelt.de (sign in to see)