Author Topic: Series 4 figures.  (Read 24731 times)

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
Re: Series 4 figures.
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 03:18:17 »
I like a lot of this group,more so than Series 3. I like the pirates, the king, the native (Pacific island?) girl, and a bunch of others.  I was in a TRU today. Lots of Series 2, no Series 3, and no reduction on price either.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 04:11:10 »
is that pippi longstockings ?

I think pippi longstocking had red hair, didn't she? But I'm trying to figure out who that's supposed to be too. ???
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 04:22:37 »
couldn't have geobra easily enough made the baseball player diffrent from the last one that was at Target so many years ago.

The Indian, Roman and the fireman all look like recycled as well.

The Asian rapper reminded the kids of PSY who sung gangnam style

I think it is pamela anderson from the babe watch show.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 18:19:32 »
Just out of curiosity was there ever a female pirate or musketeer who wore a dress in reality or just folklore? To me it looks as ridiculous if Geobra made a female construction worker or astronaut in a dress  :hmm:

I think best chances for dresses are with early female privateers or pirates like Lady Killigrew and Grace O' Malley (both 16th century).
Anne Dieu-Le-Veut (17th century), Anne Bonney and Mary Read (18th century) are more likely to have worn men's clothes during privateering/pirateering...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 18:21:46 »
Doesn't seem too odd to me. She could be a captain who wouldnt need to be jumping and climbing and can just boss others around and sail the ship.  :)

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 19:57:04 »
I love the mad scientist. Reminds me of Beeker.  But, he does look more like a rocker. Great guy for the drums.

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 22:20:53 »
I prefer the boys figures to the girls plenty there that I'd buy which is good for me not so for my wallet  ;D the Wizard, Baseball Player, Fireman, Roman, King, and Blue Alien might have been tempted by the Indian if not for the fact I've already got 1 Chief. The only reason I'm not bothered about the somewhat obvious simlarities ona lot of the figures is that I don't have many figures in my collection but, I can see how it might be frustrating a bit more creativity and variation wouldn't hurt. I'm not keen on the rapper and the pirate doesn't do much for me   

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2013, 22:44:44 »
The pirate is pretty much the same as the one in the second batch, also a long coat but less accesoires. No feathered hat, no beard and no green skull on a stick.

Might have been nicer if they went with a black pirate, there arent many of those.

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 00:34:40 »
couldn't have geobra easily enough made the baseball player diffrent from the last one that was at Target so many years ago.....

I just keep hoping that someday, Geobra will make klicky arms that can hold (double handed) a golf club or baseball bat.....then (rubbing my hands with glee).....we'll see what we warmongers will do with those arms :lol:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2013, 02:09:16 »
I just keep hoping that someday, Geobra will make klicky arms that can hold (double handed) a golf club or baseball bat.....then (rubbing my hands with glee).....we'll see what we warmongers will do with those arms :lol:

wouldn't a candle solve that problem, its would look nice to see a klicky hold a bat or sword with both hands in a striking position. Its like getting horses that actually look like they are running.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: