Author Topic: 4006 Dragon Rock SuperSet  (Read 9627 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 4006 Dragon Rock SuperSet
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 17:02:22 »
I hate to say this; but these aren't Chicken-dragons. That's reserved for him:

There are many differences between this dragon and the dragon of this superset.
For starters - the chicken dragon has a bad name due to some early problems with the wings (which were solved later, I think) which are movable.
The wings of the dragon of this set are fixed.

Just a note...

Bogro

Well said!
 I was not sure which one the chicken dragon was at first but after cross reference of older post I finally realised this is the only one to be called by that name!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 17:03:44 »
I used the baseplate as a lions rock in my Daktari diorama in Wolfsburg.

Thats lovely Martina!!   :love:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 17:09:59 »
One question Id like to ask is whether the yellow sash on the barbarian fits perfectly with the furry collar, or whether it is slightly too thick for it?

Also, I wish they couldve given the same barbarian a couple of cuffs. I hate it when the whole arm is supposed to be bare, as in this case, and you get the wrist showing like that. Bare arms should be like the Roman ones, if you see what I mean, seamlessly going from arm to hand.

The other figure, I don't like him much. I think his nappy-belt is silly, as is his bob haircut, but that's just me.

The yellow sash is indeed a bit thick for the furry collar... and I'll agree with you on the cuffs issue... maybe dark grey bracers should be produced and used on this klicky! As for the nappy belt, at least its the same colour as the legs and thus does not look too silly like the basic dragonland series: red nappy-belt on black torso and legs...!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 17:11:11 »
i just wanted to give you some more information about the word "drachenfels"  it´s actually 20 km from my house :)  the drachenfels was a big stoney hill near cologne that was used by the romans as a stone quarry. a tale sais there lived a dragon...today it´s a tourist spot. very famous in the cologne area. here is a website. i was there 4 months ago for a dinner party - it´s a lovely spot !

Thank you for this info Skywalker!!

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2011, 02:56:07 »
Wonderful review and a lot of good info   :D
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 05:01:39 »
Thanks for the review, Panos! :)
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 16:27:05 »
Thanks for a great detailed review Panos, with excellent photography!

I have to agree with Heronimus' and Bolingbroke's comments, this set is not as good as it could have been, though of course I'll have to get it for the black Wyvern unless he appears elsewhere first.

I don't like either figure, they're too much like pirate figures with their over-bright colors. The lack of bracers on the left-hand guy and the silly colors and y-fronts on the blue knight are both off-putting. The yellow sash looks too big to go under the (fur?) collar, so the figure looks like a bad customisation. I like the use of dark grey armor, but as he has a different skin color to every other knight yet produced they've limited customisation possibilities.   

I'm not a fan of the big chunky plastic bases either, I'd rather have the figures without that and halve the price, or have a lot more parts to replace it.

I think the Bronze and Iron knights from 2010 were far better designs giving lots of customisation options, and the Dragon Knights and their foes the Green knights were better too. Sorry, these two figures are about the worst Knights I've yet seen. However I may feel different holding them in my hands.

Offline irnm2001

• x Club Member*
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2011, 01:15:30 »
Great review...this one is on my list of must haves for this year.

Mad Nick
When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown,
The dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 10:28:50 »
Sir Wolf are these sets available in Greece ???  :)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 11:49:38 »
Wonderful review! So sorry you were missing parts though  :'(
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil!