Author Topic: Images not displayed in posts  (Read 9989 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: Images not displayed in posts
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2021, 12:06:12 »
So I am now using Firefox, which works fine!

I take that back. I cannot see the whole width of some pictures in Firefox (on Samsung tablet) and there seems to be no way of scrolling sideways or zooming out. This is not a criticism of PF, but of browser software which is not optimised for this platform. It seems I will have to get out my laptop (Windows, Firefox) every time I want to look at pictures on PF.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2021, 12:15:08 »
I take that back. I cannot see the whole width of some pictures in Firefox (on Samsung tablet) and there seems to be no way of scrolling sideways or zooming out. This is not a criticism of PF, but of browser software which is not optimised for this platform. It seems I will have to get out my laptop (Windows, Firefox) every time I want to look at pictures on PF.

I get that sometimes on the computer too - some images are really wide...  but I can usually scroll (normally by pressing the middle mouse button)

I quit long ago trying to look at threads with loads of images on the tabby..

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2021, 15:01:53 »
I found a setting in Firefox which allows zooming and now I can also scroll horizontally.

I like the 'tabby' for many things, but its reduced functionality (compared with a laptop, for example) can be frustrating. For example, I often lose what I have written in a reply box on here, if I go to another website to look something up. I guess its got quite a small brain!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2021, 15:11:17 »
I like the 'tabby' for many things, but its reduced functionality (compared with a laptop, for example) can be frustrating. For example, I often lose what I have written in a reply box on here, if I go to another website to look something up. I guess its got quite a small brain!

Well, I really need a full keyboard to actually WRITE something in a timely fashion..  :-[

Plus, my tabby is old (2012), put that with the user not being exactly new, and it's a disaster!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2021, 07:31:39 »
... the user not being exactly new...

I know that feeling!  :lol:

Offline Wigglesworth

• Playmo Pal
  • Playmobil newby
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2021, 10:48:29 »
I know that feeling!  :lol:

Yeah I expect my ISB days are not that far away.  I definitely won't be MISB though.   :doh:
Regards,
Wigglesworth

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2021, 06:55:13 »
ISB?

Offline Wigglesworth

• Playmo Pal
  • Playmobil newby
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2021, 09:26:53 »
ISB?

Sorry, been reading too many ebay adverts.  "In Sealed Box" and "Mint In Sealed Box"...
Regards,
Wigglesworth

Offline klickyklack

• Playmo Lover
    • klickyklack (IG)
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2022, 20:11:53 »
I'm having the same problem, I have a Fire tablet which I mostly access the internet with, & that uses the Silk browser (no Firefox available for it). 

I had a look to see if I can change the permissions for playkingdoms & couldn't find a way to do it on my tablet/browser.  I had looked here already.  Without rooting my tablet (which I really don't want to do - have done it before & had issues)  I'm stuck.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2022, 08:53:36 »
I'm having the same problem, I have a Fire tablet which I mostly access the internet with, & that uses the Silk browser (no Firefox available for it). 

That seems surprising. Try this? https://www.technipages.com/kindle-fire-silk-browser-alternatives#:~:text=Yes%2C%20good%20ol'%20Firefox%20is,or%20any%20other%20Android%20device.