Author Topic: Standard Klicky Disassembly~Advice Please/HowTo  (Read 63267 times)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Standard Klicky Disassembly~Advice Please/HowTo
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2006, 10:47:05 »
Socrates...what's a pot cloth foot???  ???

My take on that sentence was that the feet refers to the klicky's feet and  "pot clothes" are knitted covers sometimes put over a food pot to keep the contents heated for longer. In Britain (and Australia), people occasionally use these knitted things on teapots or eggs but we call them a "cosy" (tea-cosy, egg-cosy, etc) which I think evokes a slightly strange attitude of friendship towards your food and drink. ;D

If you want your klickys disassembled, simply put them in a box with a post paid return label and GW will send ALL your little klickys back to you in pieces ... (hopefully "unbroken" pieces) ... :)

Anyone interested should make their reservations now!

Any takers on your "Free Disassembly" offer yet, Richard? :)

Offline cardensb

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Custom Blackbeard
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 05:19:58 »
I hate to resurrect old posts on other forums but this one should be "stickied", if possible, so newcomers can find it.  I had no idea if the older klickies could be taken apart without major efforts.  After skimming here for a few minutes I popped out the legs with a flat-tip screw driver then pulled the off the head with a hobby vise, a tight grip with my fingers on the torso and a little brute force.
I can't wait to start looking through figures for matching part colors to give my Blackbeard a real arm (perhaps a new jacket to boot).
Shawn
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 10:38:12 »
I am brining back tolife this old thread as i need to di assemple some klickies.. what is hte best method for older klikcies then ? the screwdriver first legs out etc , or the shoestring method or the spanish method ... i am a bit confused and any tips will be appreciated . :) :) :) :)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 21:08:16 »
I need to get the head off of my queen from Dragon's Temple 3841.

From reading here, the long skirt klickies don't work with the Hans method. And the large collar around the neck makes the rubber band method (which I've never tried) out as well.  Any suggestions? Would tahra's fishing line method work with the collar?

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 21:40:30 »
I have had success using the hans-on method with skirted klickies. You can also try a slight variation on the hans-on method, where instead of sharply banging the klicky on a table, you squeeze it between your hands with steady pressure. This way you'll be less likely to damage or scratch her feet. Just be sure to insert a piece of cardboard or folded paper in the joint where the legs meet the torso, in front. This not only prevents scratching, but provides leverage. If squeezing the klicky in your hands, you may also need to use something to pad your hands, as the feet digging in to your palm can be very painful.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 23:51:59 »
I use a small narrow-bladed screwdriver to carefully remove the skirt from the torso. Then I click in a pair of old style standard legs and do the "hans on" manoeuvre. Works well for me. You just need to be careful not to scratch the edge of the skirt with the screwdriver. After a few times, you get a feel for how much pressure is need to pop it off without leaving any mark.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2013, 07:05:39 »
I need to get the head off of my queen from Dragon's Temple 3841.

From reading here, the long skirt klickies don't work with the Hans method. And the large collar around the neck makes the rubber band method (which I've never tried) out as well.  Any suggestions? Would tahra's fishing line method work with the collar?

So far, I haven't encountered one "type" I can't pop that way... just make sure to slip the noose on the head, not under the neckpiece. Actually, sometimes the big neckpiece ones pop easier!

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2013, 13:43:56 »
I use a small narrow-bladed screwdriver to carefully remove the skirt from the torso. Then I click in a pair of old style standard legs and do the "hans on" manoeuvre. Works well for me. You just need to be careful not to scratch the edge of the skirt with the screwdriver. After a few times, you get a feel for how much pressure is need to pop it off without leaving any mark.

That is the way to go for me as well! Same for "obese" klickies.

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2013, 14:57:39 »
Thank you everyone, I feel more confident that I'll be able to do it now!

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2014, 18:25:31 »
Here is the proof how superior the "hit-the-head-method" is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q-ySZXxoZQ&feature=youtu.be