Author Topic: sorceresses in 3098 and 3838  (Read 4857 times)

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Proud mommy of M and G!
sorceresses in 3098 and 3838
« on: November 18, 2005, 23:39:35 »
Ok all you fairy tail theme collectors....

I have most of set 3098, the Adventure Set Fairy Tale Palace, and so I am trying to complete it. But I picked it up at a garage sale minus a box, so it has been a bit difficult.

I have the sorceress, but I think she has the wrong color hair. So I went to playmodb to confirm this and discovered that she may also have the wrong face. She has a regular klicky face, except in a tanned color. The picture at playmodb shows a crone-ish looking face with a pointy nose, unlike any other klicky I have ever seen. But then I noticed that the picture at collectobil seems to show the plain tanned face instead!

Just to deepen the mystery further, there is another set, 3838, the Sorceress set, which has this same figure, only she is shown with the crone face both at playmodb and collectobil.

So are there really two varieties of the sorceress? Did playmobil stop making the crone-faced one because it was cheaper to make one with an ordinary face? (I noticed that 3098 came out later than 3838.) Is the picture for 3098 at playmodb incorrect?

Thanks for your help!

Red

One half the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other. - Jane Austen

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: sorceresses in 3098 and 3838
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 00:13:16 »
I have the sorceress, but I think she has the wrong color hair. So I went to playmodb to confirm this and discovered that she may also have the wrong face. She has a regular klicky face, except in a tanned color. The picture at playmodb shows a crone-ish looking face with a pointy nose, unlike any other klicky I have ever seen. But then I noticed that the picture at collectobil seems to show the plain tanned face instead!

I'm fairly certain the tanned witch figures are identical between the 2 sets you mentioned. The piece that creates the glasses and very unklicky-like nose (the crone-ish face you described) is an additional part which isn't molded to the figure. It sits on the face much like the sunglasses would on any other figure, so it can be removed just as easily. It's a part that would be easy to lose, which probably explains why it was missing from the 'pre-loved' set you bought. ;)

Here's a couple of close-up photos:

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 01:00:10 »
Thanks so much for that info Sylvia! I didn't even think of glasses! I wonder if there is a part number for those. I have the instruction manual for 3098 and it doesn't list it.

I also don't have the grey ragged bun. (I got her with standard klicky hair.) Does anybody know if we can order a single hairpiece and if so what that one's part # would be?

I think I should probably just order another whole crone if she hasn't been discontinued. (Presumeably she'll come with the right hair and glasses from DS!)

Thanks again Sylvia!

Cheers,
Red

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 07:39:20 »
I think I got that figure in a box of bits from a charity shop.  If I have and you want her or just the bits you're missing, let me know and they're yours.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2005, 13:32:08 »
Thanks so much playmofire! I will send you a PM!

KJ

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2005, 23:31:56 »
The grey hair bun on this figure is really neat. Very haggish and quite different from the plain bun found on figures such as the granny from the lady/maid/dog 5500.

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 18:32:20 »
The hair from the sorceress also works well with male pirates, or old warriors.

Offline Red

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 14:14:45 »
Just wanted to update you playmofire that the set you want for our trade hasn't arrived yet.

Red

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2005, 22:43:26 »
No problem, Red.  I have found one clog for the witch and I will look for the other this coming week.  I've also got the child's tractor and tanker for you.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”