Author Topic: Chivalry and Dread.  (Read 15098 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Chivalry and Dread.
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 19:12:23 »
Those are some great action scenes!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 21:04:26 »
Fantasic story, Rhalius! And I've no bias, haha. :lol:

I look forward to seeing how it turns out! Your stories are always a lot of fun to read. And as the others have said, you've got some great action pictures here.
~Pynedor~

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 13:25:32 »
((thanks, the fight with Hugo was kind of inspired by game of thrones.  ;) ))

As hugo walks back to the other knights, King Phillip stops him.

King Phillip: "You walked a fine line here sir Hugo, your agression was uncalled for. But since you ceased your attack before Sir Jacques de Ridefort was hurt by your agression, you will not be disqualified. Just know that we will be keeping a close eye on your actions."
Prince Edward added: "I agree, what will the people think? If not even knights are being chivalrous, who will be?"
Hugo grumbled as he bowed slightly towards the king and prince  in recognition of their words, before continueing on his way.

While Sir Constantine and Sir Gareth Boulaise walk onto the field, Hugo sits down and is greeted by his friend Fernando, who does not seem to have truly catched what was going on.

Fernando cheered and raised his mug: "Another victory for the falcons! you're the best Hugo! Almost as good as the ale they have here.."
As he finished his words he looked at his mug and quickly drank the rest of its content and gestured to a squire to get him a new mug.
Hugo grumbled. "You really should not drink this much, we cannot show any weakness in front of other nations."
Fernando smiled. "hey, you just take on their knights, and I'll take on their ale supplies! I'll make short work of any ale they put in front of me!"

And that he did, if it where a drinking competition Sir Fernando could have been champion. Unfortunatly for him, it's a knight's tournament.
As he kept drinking, the tournament went on, and everyone was eager to see which of these two tournament champions would win: Sir Constantine or Sir Gareth Boulaise.

Both charged at each other, their clash could barely be heard over the cheering crowd!

As our three friends watch the tournament, Roderick feels someone tapping on his shoulder, and he turns to see who it is.

It's  Duke Alymere, his opponent.
Duke Alymere: "Hey there buddy, I just want to let you know you don't need to worry about me snapping like the fellow from that last duel. We are all friends here, and I see you are still quite new to this. Let's just give it our very best, and we'll see wich of us wins!"
Roderick: "That's good to know! I must admit that sir Hugo made me a little nervous."
Duke Alymere smiled: "I am sure you'll do fine! I hear we have you to thank for this tournament anyways, if it werent for you there wouldnt have been an alliance."
Roderick considered this. "I haven't thought of it that way yet! Let's watch the fight at hand though, I'm pretty sure sir Gareth will win!"

It did indeed look like Sir Gareth was winning, he was pushing back Sir Constantine's sword, close to disarming him as he pressed on!

But with a feint attack, Sir Constantine pulled his sword back, managed to get past Gareth's sword and knocked him hard against his helmet, knocking it off!

Feeling quite dazed, Gareth lowered his sword and surrendered. Sir Constantine wins.
Gareth: "Well fought, you certainly got better since last time!"
Constantine smiled. "The way you knocked me off my horse in the last tournament showed me I needed to train even harder. I look forward to the next time we fight."
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 14:08:04 by Rhalius »

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 14:04:53 »
Now it's time for Roderick to fight against Dukke Alymere.

Frederick: "Good luck, you'll need it!"
Henry: "You can do it Roderick."
Elena: "I'm rooting for you Roderick, I'm sure you will win!"

There certainly wasn't any lack of encouragement for Roderick, as he got on his horse and was ready for the joust.

And there they go! Roderick was quite fast on horseback, and managed to hit Duke Alymere against his arm, throwing him off balance and causing him to miss Roderick completely!

With roderick's lance shattered, they decide to switch weapons. Roderick draws his sword while a squire brings Duke Alymere his mace.

As Roderick gives Duke Alymere the time to get ready, he moves around the fence to better face him in melee.

Duke Alymere seems to be quite a strong man, dealing out heavy blows against Roderick's sword, and he does his best to fend them off and get past his defence.

But alas, Roderick gets knocked off his horse by a powerfull blow!

He seems to be just fine, not really hurt by the fall.

But will he be able to step up to the challenge, and defeat the more experienced Duke Alymere? Or will it be up to Henry to fight past the first round of duels?
Find out, when the story continues.

((will be continued soon.  :) ))

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 18:55:56 »
Oh dear, I had high hopes for Roderick. Looking forward to the next round

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 22:23:34 »
Oh great battle scenes some brilliant action pity Fredrick got knocked out although perhaps he will be able to learn more from it in the long run. I would certainly have disqualified Sir Hugo for that behaviour shocking, here's hopign Roderick can win his round  :knight: keep up the action  :)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2013, 15:06:28 »
Roderick gets back up while Duke Alymere dismounts from his horse, and they fight it out on the ground.

While the Duke is strong, he is also slow, allowing Roderick who can be quite fast manages to push him down to the ground.

Duke Alymere: "Well fought Roderick, now you better win this tournament. That will show I was beaten by the best!"

After bowing politely to the Duke, Roderick returned to his friends, who cheered for him!

Elena: "I knew you could do it!"
Cedric: "Well done, the Duke is a good duelist, especially on horseback."
Frederick and Henry cheered, not really having anything to say about the fight though, but they where happy for Roderick.

Next up are Sir William and Sir Godfrey, the three friends where curious to see how well this Lion Knight would fight.

King Phillip is also quite curious.

Prince Edward: "This should be good, Sir William is quite motivated. He was quite impressed when seeing your knights fight."
King Phillip: "He did yes, quite a friendly man. I'd like to speak more with him sometimes."
Prince Edward: "I am sure we can all sit down for a nice chat after the tournament."

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2013, 15:30:27 »
Soon their attention is drawn back to the duel in front of them, when the two knights clash and Sir William knocks off Sir Godfrey's helmet!

Despite feeling a bit dazed, Godfrey draws his sword for the melee. He's determined to get even, his heavy sword giving him an advantage.

But it does not help him much, William manages to disarm him, and claims his victory without either of them getting off their horses.

Up next is Henry, fighting Lord Silvermane once more.

Lord Silvermane turned to face Henry a moment as he spoke with a grim voice:  "You will pay for humiliating me."
Henry seemed a bit surprised. "humiliating? I defeated you fairly the last time we fought."
Lord Silvermane remained silent as he moved to retrieve his horse.

Cedric helped Henry on his horse, hoping to give him a last bit of advice before the fight.

Cedric spoke wearily: "Watch out for this one Henry, he nearly killed Fernando in the last tournament. He does not follow the code of Chivalry, just like Sir Hugo.. but this one seems les agressive.. more focused. He won't make it easy for you."
Henry: "I fought him before, I'll be ready for him. Thanks though, I appreciate the advice."

Lord Silvermane seemed ready, his silver armor shining brightly in the sunlight.

What was he up to? will he play fair? and will Henry be able to handle him?

Find out this and more soon!

((will be continued soon.))

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2013, 21:57:25 »
Well done to Roderick for winning that fight he did well there, hope Henry can win his fight as well but, he should definately listne to Cedrics words of advice as Lord Silvermane certainly seems like a tricky and sly opponent  :) :knight:

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 18:56:48 »
Epic tournament! You really catch the thrilling atmosphere, Rhalius! Can't wait to see more
RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]