Author Topic: What do you think of this new set?  (Read 5234 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Re: What do you think of this new set?
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 23:37:50 »
I quite like it and I do think that as a kid, I would have been tempted by it especially for the communications gadgets  :love:

Agent Karim to report immediately  8-)

Karim :)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 10:07:02 »
i doubt these sets will sell at all ............. >:(
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 11:33:00 »
i doubt these sets will sell at all ............. >:(

I think they will for today's kids...

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 12:18:26 »
I think they will for today's kids...

Not sure about this . This set even the colours white with red etc is so so 80s , not so sure this would catch up with kids , in that theme domain there are sets with far more aggresive weaponry, missile launchers , machine guns, lasers, grenades etc , this playmobil set pales in comparison in terms of aggressiveness and weapons etc, i doubt kiddies that want army like toyz will fall for this .. too soft for todays kids, too harsh for playmobil ethics and design ethos that its founder instilled , aww well its bound to fail in my opinion

Playmobil should make a scientific set , based on NASA space crafts , satellites and future plans etc , that would appeal more to the parents that usually buy playmobil ( in my opinion a more suburban market segment as playmobil is not a cheap toy as toys mentioned above - large cheap sets with lots of weapons and missiles etc) and they should add to their toy lines some educational DVDs perhaps with klickies describing our solar system etc . So many neat more scientific spacecrafts could be made more in the lines of the playmospace series which was SUCCESSFULL for a change !!! The recent playmobil space and alien lines were a flop...
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 20:21:58 »
While I can see its appeal to boys, I personally don't like this theme and it doesn't strike me as being very "Playmobil".
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 07:29:51 »
How about for a Playmobil 'Joe 90' set or even 'Thunderbirds'?

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 09:08:18 »
How about for a Playmobil 'Joe 90' set or even 'Thunderbirds'?

I dont think playmobil will ever be interested in licences for old toy lines at all. And if someone knows the themes that playmoibl brings onto the markets in the past 35 years or so and their features, this question / suggestion is science fiction.
 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 21:04:56 »
I dont think playmobil will ever be interested in licences for old toy lines at all. And if someone knows the themes that playmoibl brings onto the markets in the past 35 years or so and their features, this question / suggestion is science fiction.
 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0

LOL  No, Playmobil would never do anything with those, but the customization possibilities are there. 

Offline Mina

• Playmo Fanatic
    • our Playmoblog
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2010, 06:02:17 »
urgh

that's what I thought when I saw this theme at first

and I still think it's horrible...

but I've heard many kids at my friends' who say it's the coolest theme on earth... so... I know what to buy them for X-mas ;)
I don't wanna grow up!

http://playmolocle.romandie.com/ -- our Playmoworld

http://moonymina.deviantart.com/ -- my non-playmo creations

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2010, 19:03:45 »
I agree wiith most people opinions here however the gadget will make it alot of fun for kids to both have the playmo and another toy to have fun with.