Author Topic: 4866 New castle!!!  (Read 28365 times)

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
Re: 4866 New castle!!!
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2010, 16:10:54 »
I dunno, the castle is not horrible. I would prefer a steck one, but hey there are some useful parts here.
(I even have an idea to make a Samurai castle with a few of these parts! ;D )

WOT you had a great idea this fake medieval castle is great for medieval Japan Castle.Their castle looks like the bonsai trees.Beautifull and with the care of daily gardener!! ;D (bytheway i love the bonsai trees).

BRING THE STECK BACK!!!! YOU,YOU PLAYMO DESIGNERS!!!!!!!

There is a rule !! You never cancel the production of a successed product!!!! you just make it better!!!!!

System X can make the steck better but i can not cancel the Steck.

THROW THIS DESIGNER TO A STECK DUNGEON!!!!!! and put nureburg guard to keep him always in!!!! 

Offline Playmodschungel

• x Club Member*
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Playmo-Maharani
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2010, 16:31:28 »
Thank you very much for your great review!

But I´m really angry about all this annoying "steck-is-better"-rubbish. Steck is not as stable as SysX- you definetely can´t carry a 3666 castle in one piece!
And if you take this set 4866 f.e.- its camparable to former 3667 3667 - Small Castle as the small castle and in price- and now don´t tell me that 3667 has more features or is bigger!

Everybody can buy and build with whatever he likes best- but this steck-lamentation everywhere throughout different threads is really nerve-racking!
Greetings Martina

_______________________________________ _________

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2010, 17:18:00 »
Hi guys and Sir Wolf! thank you so much for this very complete review. Im still no steck nor system x lover so I surely will buy this news castles when ever I can get my hands on them. In one way they are more acurate-looking to the real thing, as medieval fortifications aften had no construction plans, were not simetric, nor square, etc, they had kind of messy looking shape. I like that. But I agree with Gorginetto that the inner part of the wall look toyish! That to me is a big flaw. What we all like about Playmobil is the attention to details, but somehow this was overlooked.
I do like (A LOT  :love:) the general look of both new castles. And I still have the feeling that with the new hybrid system it is possible to expand and costumize. Hope I can try that myself soon!
Cheers!
Gaston
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2010, 18:02:47 »

And if you take this set 4866 f.e.- its camparable to former 3667 3667 - Small Castle as the small castle and in price-  and now don´t tell me that 3667 has more features or is bigger!
racking!

no.......... who said that!! 3667 as a castle is nothing .if you compare the two castles yes 4866 has more abilities to play  but 3667 is steck and you can expand it you can make  a great and realistic castle with 5 let's say 3667 and 1 3666  !! 4866 cannot be expanded or looking good exept the inside door of the gate ,it's like these cheap chinese castles they sell to the fairs as george said .. ;)

But I´m really angry about all this annoying "steck-is-better"-rubbish. Steck is not as stable as SysX- you definetely can´t carry a 3666 castle in one piece!

for building castles steck is the best and most creative system of playmobil as i said above all these new castles cannot be expanded ... for city buildings is good and fairy tale castles as well i've seen many beautifull buildings people have created with the fairy tale castle parts but systmx castles nothing .......
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 18:09:30 by playmo1989 »
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2010, 20:17:44 »

And if you take this set 4866 f.e.- its camparable to former 3667 3667 - Small Castle as the small castle and in price- and now don´t tell me that 3667 has more features or is bigger!

Everybody can buy and build with whatever he likes best- but this steck-lamentation everywhere throughout different threads is really nerve-racking!

I don't know where you get that System X is more stable then steck.
My SysX falls apart all the time, But my steck does not.

And you can pick up a 3666 without it falling apart.
I can pick up my castle in one piece and it is bigger then a 3666.

But what really makes these castles better is that you can expand them,
like I did with my 3667, I now have two and another steck castle.
All of it I made to look quite impressive in 1 castle.
Can you do that with these?
If you buy two, can you combine both castles using every part to make a new better castle?
No, you cant. You may be able to combine some part, and make a few things larger...
But you wont be able to use every single piece.
You would have bought two castles, and in the end had to waste 1/2 of one to make it bigger.
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2010, 18:14:20 »
Thank you all for your replies!!! I knew that, either being a steck lover or system-x lover, you'd enjoy it!!!

Now just to give you a few pictures of the knights and their accessories:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2010, 18:35:18 »
Great photos Wolf Knight! :)
The Klickies look superb! ;D
I even don't mind the guy with weird eyes... ::)
Maybe he should get the Great Helm,
So we don't have to see his eyes! :lol:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2010, 18:53:31 »
thanks for the photos pano  :)

i have to say something   ???

the plastick of these helmets and accesories as i see them seem to be of a poor quality than older ones ? why ??  ???   ??? perhaps it's my idea or the picture ,but from what gordon has mentioned in some other topic that some chemical is not anymore added in the plastick has concerned me  :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:   the quality seems poorer  >:( >:( >:(
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2010, 19:22:28 »
Could you show us a picture of a klicky standing behind the curtain wall battlements for height comparison?

I hope the attached pictures answear your question Martin! The seem to me real life like proportion.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2010, 19:41:53 »
I hope the attached pictures answear your question Martin! The seem to me real life like proportion.

the quality of the walls seem poor as well  :( :(  :( :(  oh nooooooooooooo....................... ugly and bad quality playmobil  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( perhaps it's my idea i have to get my hands one of these new realeses (not the castle  :lol: :lol: :lol: i won't spend such money one of the small ones )
The spirits rule !!!!