Creative > How-To

making tall figures.

(1/2) > >>

Sir Gareth:
After reading CH's thread on his fantastic dwarf customs it reminded me of my experiments in creating different height figures.

What I did was take the shoes of a fat figure and replace them with boots of a normal figure. I got this idea after foolishly trying to crack a booted figure with the Hans on method and couldn't believe how easy the boots snapped off. I tried the Boots on a normal figure first but it looked odd, I found that the fat figures looked a lot better in proportion. I can't find my original Little John figure Photo from just over 3years ago so I quickly made another so you can get a rough idea what these figures look like.

Sylvia:
You're right! Even with the longer legs, Little John's proportions still seem fairly natural ones for a klicky to have. 8-)

The ironic thing about this is that he probably is more correctly proportioned to a human now that you have extended his legs. ;)

Great idea, Garry. Thanks for posting the pic! :)

pastifi:

--- Quote from: Sir Gareth on February 13, 2006, 10:19:14 ---
What I did was take the shoes of a fat figure and replace them with boots of a normal figure. I got this idea after foolishly trying to crack a booted figure with the Hans on method and couldn't believe how easy the boots snapped off. I tried the Boots on a normal figure first but it looked odd, I found that the fat figures looked a lot better in proportion. I can't find my original Little John figure Photo from just over 3years ago so I quickly made another so you can get a rough idea what these figures look like.

--- End quote ---

Dear  Gareth
do you use glue or they just snap back in?
All i have managed is to break two legs so far ;-)

Cheers

Panos

Meg:
By using the regular size figures, you could make a basketball team

I like what you have done.

Little Jo:
 :lol: This is a marvelous idea. Very cool  8-)

So now having different heights, there should now only left to customize different ages (doing in a different way than just putting on some grey hair). I always wondered how to display an adult daugther together with her mom, or an adult son with his father or ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version