Creative > How-To

What is a Dremel?

(1/4) > >>

Serenity:
A dremel is a wonderful, versatile little tool.  DH got me one for Christmas last year  ;D

It has several different attachments for different applications.  I used a wire brush kind of attachment to 'distress' the solid wood door into our bedroom (also lumber chains and some stain), to make it look 'old west'.  Of course, now I have to do the rest of the doors  8}

Our Home Depot (mega-hardware store) has fine saw blades for wood work.  I haven't looked at the metal saws.

Meg:
I remember a Europen talking about another brand name tool, like Dremel.  They claimed that it had even more torque (Power) and therefore was better than a Dremel.

I asked my father to replace John's one christmas oh so long ago.  My dad really thought it was a nifty tool.  He had never heard of it either.

It can be found in many (most) hardware stores, along with extra tools for various jobs.
Certains craft stores will also carry the tool

Little Jo:

--- Quote from: Serenity on November 14, 2005, 14:43:54 ---A dremel is a wonderful, versatile little tool.  DH got me one for Christmas last year  ;D

It has several different attachments for different applications.  I used a wire brush kind of attachment to 'distress' the solid wood door into our bedroom (also lumber chains and some stain), to make it look 'old west'.  Of course, now I have to do the rest of the doors  8}

Our Home Depot (mega-hardware store) has fine saw blades for wood work.  I haven't looked at the metal saws.

--- End quote ---

... and it is even available for Playmobil  ;D

Meg:
I think this is the first time I have seen your playmo dremel.

Very nice, tool master

Tim_w:
Ahhh the Dremel, i certainly would not be able to do 80% of the conversion work i do without my trusty Dremel :yup:. If your going to be using it as often as i use mine then i would certainly recommend going for one that is mains powered as opposed to one that runs on re-chargable battery's.   

Regards  Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version