General > Trains!

Prices of trains

<< < (2/2)

The_Mad_Hadder:
I paid 800.00 USD, plus 400.00 USD shipping (not including import customs charges and HST (13%) to bring it into Canada) for 4034 back in 2016 which was MIB with the original outer shipping carton. I paid a lot less for Playmobil set 3958 V1 and V2. I would not even try to buy any of these sets at the rates they are selling for now and they are not even MIB.

I have 3 sets of 4054 MISB (different versions) and some of them are going for 2k CAD plus on eBay, that is just nuts.

Tiermann:
I think it's pretty unlikely there will ever be track powered sets again, so those will continue to go up I think.  If more RC battery sets get released then that may bring some of the more recent set prices down a little.

The_Mad_Hadder:

--- Quote from: Tiermann on June 28, 2022, 05:51:49 ---I think it's pretty unlikely there will ever be track powered sets again, so those will continue to go up I think.  If more RC battery sets get released then that may bring some of the more recent set prices down a little.

--- End quote ---

I could see them bringing back the coaches and other rolling stock. It seems they are bringing back a lot of sets lately in the same colors too.  With regards to the Steaming Mary, I am sure they could sort that out to fit the RC style. But I agree that the powered track sets are not coming back unless Playmobil does like Lego and has an adult series. If PM brought out a massive Big Boy  4-8-8-4 steam locomotive I would be all over that as it would fit great with the vintage rolling stock that they have already made.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version