Author Topic: 1-2-3 part numbers  (Read 3311 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
Re: 1-2-3 part numbers
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 01:12:51 »
@skypurr: I will try to dig up old photos of my 1-2-3 customs....I could have posted them on Playmoboard years back and not archiving them myself.
Pgal is absolutely right...the head is from a 1-2-3 grandma

@Pgal: think I will have a 1-2-3 grandma for you (dont you have one yet?) if your courier knocks on my door someday (I usually wont customise if its the only one-of-a-kind I have.)

right, babies outgrow their shoes and clothes pretty fast.
I get quite upset (not jealous) seeing young couples using prams that cost as much as a scooter (imported of course) luckily those living in smaller towns do use hand-me-downs. These young couples might earn well but save nothing end of the day.

In the city, we have organised recyclers some of them are charities that donate to childrens homes but there's no car boot sales nor 2nd-hand shops...nobody buys old Lego etc

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 12:25:24 »
Cheng: You might want to keep your spare grandma in case you decide to change outfits for your avatar. I have three already because eh grandparents are my favorite 123 figures. I love their gray hair and have several regular Klicky grandparents as well. Wish that PM sold the hair pieces through DS because I would do a lot of new figures with extra hair.

We do find some used 123, but more often regular PM, in garage sales (held at homes usually on the driveways), on craigslist (online free listings in a particular area and quiet effective for selling items you don't need), and of course on eBay. Sometimes there are sets in the second hand stores run by Goodwill, the Salvation Army, churches, and other charities.

The problem with used 123 is that the pieces usually are chewed up by teething kids. And the rough treatment is hard on all small toys. So I tend to pass on used 123.

I wish that PM would make the DS part numbers more available and would offer more 123. It is getting hard to find in stores here; our local toy store is the only one that carries much of the 123 line in our area with a population of about half a million. It is nice seeing what you are buying before you get it. So I tend to buy it from the local guys.

Glad that you appreciate 123, Pgal
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 00:55:21 »
3 grandmas?! ...when i was in London & Geneva last month, I didnt find any such stores or garage sales but just as well, i have too much playmo already (I even bought a couple of Fi?ures from the toy shops there even thought I did say I wont buy them....but its hard to resist when they are in your face :P)

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 10:40:24 »
Yup, it is hard to resist PM when it is right in your face as you put it!!!!

I have to fess up that I have cornered the eBay market for PM grandparents....large and small...the past 6 months. There are not enough different Klickys for the elderly, so when a new one arrives, I am on top of it. Glad they are making them for the suburban and grande mansion sets.

I noticed that several 123 parts have numbers microscopically written underneath....so once I locate a magnifying glass, will try to copy some of these. That may be the easiest way to get a number if someone has the part and there is a number on it. It would be great if PM would put an info sheet in each 123 set providing the part numbers even if there is no need for directions.

The new figures are wonderful...glad you picked up some on your trip, Pgal
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 13:06:22 »

I noticed that several 123 parts have numbers microscopically written underneath....so once I locate a magnifying glass, will try to copy some of these. That may be the easiest way to get a number if someone has the part and there is a number on it.

I'd be happy to include mold numbers in PlaymoDB - I'd just create a temporary part number for the part itself. (The ones I have are searchable with the text search.) Good photos would be helpful for cataloguing, too.

It would be great if PM would put an info sheet in each 123 set providing the part numbers even if there is no need for directions.

That holds true for everything!
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline playmogal

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 14:09:28 »
Heather, I agree...totally!
Thanks for the wonderful work you do with Playmo DB! Pgal