Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Brainstorming For Playmobil / Re: What's wrong with Playmobil? 2
« Last post by playmofire on Today at 15:11:14 »
Absolutely 100% not

There is a massive amount of wasted space

I am referring to wasted space in the shipping container.
Brainstorming For Playmobil / Re: What's wrong with Playmobil? 2
« Last post by Rasputin on Today at 13:16:29 »

I think if you check box sizes you will find that there is a relationship to make the fullest use of space of available space when shipping.

Absolutely 100% not

There is a massive amount of wasted space
Direct Service/Parts Queries / Re: Playmobil DE ordering down?
« Last post by Rasputin on Today at 12:57:15 »
International shipping is really high. Playmobil.de doesn't ship international, you have to have it shipped to a German address and then get it reshipped. I do buy sets off of Amazon.de and have them shipped to me in the US which they will do for most Playmobil. For regular sets shipping is still high but the discounts compared to buying full price from Playmobil US make it just slightly more expensive than list price. Since some sets never make it here it's worth it to me for core interests like animal sets for Animobil.

Thanks for the clarification, I was wondering if the German DS started a new international shipping policy and would have been very surprised.

Yea Amazon is quite nice asset for getting non US sets
News / Re: Müller Black Knight exclusive
« Last post by Rasputin on Today at 12:53:24 »
So you buy the golden knight and this is the surprise contents ?

I wonder if certain customers  will be angry and call to complain
Dioramas & Buildings / Re: Cutaway Castle diorama
« Last post by JPSA on Today at 10:21:22 »
I wonder if Steve Crisp's cutaway castle was a source of inspiration ( available as a 1000p puzzle from Ravensburger ).

Steve Crisp is known for his "wimmelbilder" — teeming pictures — art.

Collector's Corner / Re: JLMatterer's Collection
« Last post by GrahamB on Today at 09:20:16 »
Those look great, Jim! What can you do for your ceilings?
Dioramas & Buildings / Re: Castle diorama
« Last post by GrahamB on Today at 09:10:38 »
Wow, that's an amazing creation!
Dioramas & Buildings / Cutaway Castle diorama
« Last post by JPSA on Today at 08:59:24 »
In early February 2016, I came across the following listing on the German Ebay ( it might have been on Ebay Kleinanzeigen, but I am pretty sure it was on Ebay.de ).  It was so striking, I saved the pictures.  The images have been sitting on my hard drive, and I thought they might as well be shared, considering the listing was public.  Whoever made this, if you see this, I'd love to know more about its creation.  The castle sold for . . . . 212 Euros!

I copy-pasted the listing description:

Wir bieten hier eine sehr sehr große Custom Made Ritterburg von Playmobil. Zum Spielen oder für Sammler und Playmobilfans. Diese Ritterburg wurde in stundenlanger Arbeit gefertigt und ist mit vielen kleinen und liebevollen Details ausgestattet. Jeder einzelne Raum wurde sehr detailliert dargestellt. Die Burg ist in der Mitte teilbar, so dass das innere quasi komplett bespielbar ist. Türme und Wohnhaus sind abnehmbar. Im inneren befindet sich noch eine Schmiede. Komplett mit Weinkeller, Kerker, Verlies usw. Unsere Tochter hat Stunden damit verbracht, die Räume umzudekorieren oder einfach damit zu spielen. Sie ist jetzt aber (leider) zu groß dafür.

Die Burg steht auf zwei MDF Platten, die ebenfalls gestaltet sind und ist sehr schwer. Lässt sich aber problemlos mit einem normalen PKW transportieren .

Achtung! Verkauf ohne Figuren. Die Figuren werden in einer anderen Auktion angeboten. Aber das gesamte Zubehör wie Fässer, Töpfe, Pfannen, Becher, Tische, Stühle usw. gehört zum Angebot.

Kein Versand!!! Nur Abholung in 41844 Wegberg. Je nach Entfernung wäre ich bereit, dem Käufer gegen Übernahme der Spritkosten entgegen zu kommen.

Google translation:

We are offering a very large custom-made knights castle from Playmobil. For playing or for collectors and Playmobil fans. This knights castle was made over many hours of work and is equipped with many small and loving details. Every single room is shown in great detail. The castle can be divided in the middle so that the inside is almost completely playable. Towers and house are removable. There is also a forge inside. Complete with wine cellar, dungeon, etc. Our daughter spent hours redecorating the rooms or just playing with them. But she is (unfortunately) too big for that now.

The castle stands on two MDF panels, which are also designed and is very heavy. But it can be easily transported in a normal car.

Warning: Figures not included. The figures will be offered in another auction. But all the accessories such as barrels, pots, pans, cups, tables, chairs, etc. are part of the offer.

No shipping!!! Pick up only in 41844 Wegberg. Depending on the distance, I would be willing to accommodate the buyer by covering fuel costs.
News / Re: Müller Black Knight exclusive
« Last post by Tiermann on Today at 03:33:54 »
I hope it comes available regularly at some point. It seems unlikely they would do a print run for such a small number. Obviously I need it for my jousting knights collection but if there really end up being just 100 it will be near impossible. It's a nice look.
News / Re: Not Quite Playmobil News
« Last post by JLMatterer on Today at 01:26:19 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10