Author Topic: Dinos! Dinos!! and more Dinos!!!  (Read 22178 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: Dinos! Dinos!! and more Dinos!!!
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2012, 19:53:31 »
Looking at your pictures I started wondering why the brush guard folded down. I was wondering if the thing was intended on being some kind of platform and had to look back to the box images to see if there were any images that would suggest uses. Then I saw the image where there is the cooler and gun that is indeed using the guard as a storage platform. Then I had to chuckle to myself on the fact how they are showing great gun safety. Having a high caliber assult rifle place on top of your cooler while your buddy is dealing with a beast of a baby, trying to get him in or out of the trailer and he just happens to be in the line of fire. If that teetering gun were to fall and fire off a round... "oops, lunch time baby T.rex". . Not that guns go off when they fall on the ground but you have to treat them as though they could. I know its nitpicking but we take gun safety dead serious around here.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2012, 08:56:14 »
Thanks for the amazing pics, as usual :)

Rasputin, europeans don't see guns the same... it is not something most of us have at home.. probably a lot of people here never actually TOUCHED a gun! (not saying you'r wrong...)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2012, 14:11:13 »
Seems like if you've never even touched one, it would make you want to be even more careful around them...
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2012, 08:34:52 »
Seems like if you've never even touched one, it would make you want to be even more careful around them...

Probably...  On the other hand, most people probably don't really think of gun safety (especially around little plastic ones)... Never occured to me when I'm setting up a scene  :-[   It's like comparing my playmofiremen with the playmofiremen of REAL firemen here... 

Regarding guns.. My grandfather hunted :(   He had a... rifle? is that the word?

I actually love guns, though I never touched one since.. well.. since he stopped messing with it. And I don't remember ever shooting - I remember going with him and shoot agaisnt a wall.. But I don't think I did it..  Since I couldn't shoot an animal, and I'd probably go to prison if I got to shoot what I wanted to...  >:D .. so, maybe it's for the best.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2012, 14:30:41 »
My family never had guns growing up, so I don't think I'd ever handled one before I met Chris. He grew up in a country area, so he had guns from the time he was a little kid. They were mostly for protection because there are dangerous animals in that area, though they did also hunt for food (not for sport.) We don't have a real gun now, just his grandfather's .22 that doesn't even work, it's so rusted out, plus an air gun that shoots pellets.

Anyway... on topic: this review has made me want to jump into the dino theme. I've decided not to sell my existing dinos that I was ready to part with, and instead to buy more. :love: So thanks for the great review that saved my dinos just in time!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2012, 17:12:28 »
Anyway... on topic: this review has made me want to jump into the dino theme. I've decided not to sell my existing dinos that I was ready to part with, and instead to buy more. :love: So thanks for the great review that saved my dinos just in time!

Bet your wallet doesn't agree! :)

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2012, 12:36:18 »
A great set of reviews. The volcano and dino sets were my fist ever Playmobil purchases. They are well made and still one of my daughter's favourite sets. I think I need these new ones!
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2012, 14:58:07 »
I'm really looking forward to this theme.
Great adventure possibilities. A mysterious island, lost in time...  :love:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2014, 18:18:16 »
I'm sorry to bring this old thread back but finally the theme made it to Argentina and I fell into another never ending-money eating-wallet killer- rabbit hole.   :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
I don't have it all but already managed to get 4 sets  :)
I'm surprise at how much I like it. It's almost all new to me, parts, and plants, and small animals and of course the dinos, I never had any.
 :love:

pics or short story to follow soon  :)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2014, 18:49:45 »
Having never really explored the dino theme, I was happy to see this thread and the great review and pictures.  Some of the trees and plants are really great and I *love* the fossils.