Author Topic: 5150 E-Rangers Turbojet  (Read 8269 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
5150 E-Rangers Turbojet
« on: July 19, 2012, 14:47:40 »
I went looking for the review of this set to make a couple of comments now that I have it, and couldn't find one. So here is a review of this excellent set. Sorry no box photos, but it's the new style Future Planet box with artwork off the movie.

The contents:
parts for the landing pad and ramp

Most parts here are painted except for the control panel and hand-pad that use stickers. The green is a little more pastel than the green previously used with the older space series sets.
The pad itself can rotate around, though not as easily as I would like.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 5150 E-Rangers Turbojet
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 14:51:38 »
Here are the parts for the turbo-jet

Assembly is pretty easy with just a couple of small stickers. Note that the set comes with the power box and rocks. You need to put one of the rocks inside the power box and then insert the box into the front section of the jet to make the power go. It glows on and off the same as the one on the big station does. There is a small push button for turning the jet lights on located inside the front windshield. I would really have preferred that they put the button so it can be reached from outside the cockpit. You have to open the cockpit every time you want to turn the lights on again. The cockpit section fits pretty tight and is not a quick open. You can also see the tools/weapons provided with the set here

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 14:57:19 »
Here are the figures Tom Typhoon and Cleverbot

The robot has more parts than I expected. The little leg parts are interesting, and I believe the shoulder parts were used with the old winter hockey sets. It's a child size klicky with obviously a different head than usual. It also comes with these glove type pieces that turn the hands into mechanical pieces.

Tom comes with a headset that has the clear printed panel on it, very nice item. He also has a chonronometron (watch) or perhaps an personal atmospheric integrity indicator

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 14:59:56 »
Here's a close up of the Starstation platform control panel. There is a red tube that can be attached to the panel and then to a hole inside the front hood of the turbojet. It can also be attached to the other side of the control panel or to the hand-held piece. The hand-pad clips into the control panel, not perfectly though. I would have preferred if they made it so the panel could pivot y using a klicky hand type connector on the left.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 15:05:49 »
Here are a couple of general views of the Turbojet sitting on the Starstation pad. A few other points - the ramp can connect to the second doorway on the Plant Lab station. The round pad piece is nicely marked for the jet and has the green stripes that line up nicely in a number of rotation points.

The regular set-up of the pad has the support legs splayed out to provide a wider support base. Thay can however be assembled in the reverse if you need to fit the platform onto a narrower space.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 15:07:11 »
Some more views of the figures on the surface of Planet O.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 15:11:27 »
The turbojet has a couple of interesting features. The 4 jet parts rotate together as a unit. So they can be pointing down for takeoff and landing, and then turned to point to the rear for flight. The other major thing I love about this set are the lights. It has a complex series of lights for a Playmo vehicle. There is the glowing rock piece in the front. The four jets light up red and flicker. There are red and green lights on the hood of the jet that alternate flashing like on an airplane. There are internal panel lights - a green one in front of the pilot that causes the pilot to be lit green, and a narrow panel in front of the passenger that consists of multiple different colored lights that flicker randomly. It's quite the light show and makes it lots of fun for night time play. Here are some night shots to give you the idea.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 15:11:49 »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 15:14:31 »

So as I've said, this is an excellent set with some great play features. Not for really young kids, but tons of fun to use especially at night. The figures are really nice and the Starstation platform is a great feature as well, looking good by itself or attached to PlantLab.
It's not a cheap set but for a Playmobil space series or sci-fi fan it's really the must have from the Future Planet series.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 15:18:37 »
Great pics, Tim!
I have done a quick review in the collector's thread, but your's is more detailed and the pics are better!