Author Topic: 4882 RoboGang Boat  (Read 5667 times)

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
Re: 4882 RoboGang Boat
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 23:56:32 »
Thanks for the pics Pgal!!

I must admit I have been tempted to buy it but the vehicle looks so much like Steelhaven (a Transformers ship...
http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Steelhaven_(TFA) For those who are not in a mood to visit the link see attachment) that it will spoil my impression... I am wondering if Playmobil are copying other toys for this top agent series, like it seems they did with the robogang truck, to help children of older age relate to the playmobil toyline...

Wow! That is a nice looking transformer jet! Our boys loved those toys!

If you compare the photos side by side, they seem to be quite different except for the color schemes. The Robo has no tail, fixed wings that are angled and turned up on the ends, no missile launchers on the wings, and is a much simpler design. Are those jets or missile launchers mid and aft? If mid, they would burn up the wing pretty quickly, so that could not be right except in a fantasy world. Lack of flaps on both models would make them harder to roll and to land, especially without aielerons. The Robo reminds me of the small L models from around 2000.

PM's idea of mounting a plane on the roof of a power boat is a brilliant one even though it would require vertical lift capability with no landing gear or runway. It would be a hoot to fly with the low weight as long as it has sufficient power, like a twin jet Bell chopper, one of my favorite flying machines.

Thanks again for the Transformer photo, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!