Author Topic: 2016 Photocontest # 2. Theme: History  (Read 10485 times)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
2016 Photocontest # 2. Theme: History
« on: May 07, 2016, 09:25:48 »
Here we are again with a Photocontest to make you get creative with your collection :klickygrin:

The new Photocontest theme is:  :egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: HISTORY  :gent: :captain: :indian:  :sherlock:

It was Macruran's idea  8-) It doesn't have to be a historic scene though, interpretation is free!

These are the rules for the contest:

1) You may submit up to 2 photos.

2) You may start submitting your photos in this topic today and up until Sunday 26th of June (= 7 weeks from now).
    Voting will take place from June 27th to July 3rd.

3) Photo shop and filters are allowed.
    Please take a moment to check all the rules: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=12037.0

4) Don't forget: the photo must be originally used for the contest. Do not use an image that you have already used somewhere on the forum, and wait until the contest is finished before posting the image on the forum elsewhere.

5) There are prizes for the winner to choose from. Here's the list, postage is free: http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=14268.0

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
Re: 2016 Photocontest # 2. Theme: History
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 19:35:01 »
This is a wonderful challenge!  I've been thinking and thinking and thinking about how I could possibly create something for this one.  I don't really have any historical themes.  Well, not in their entirety.  I have a pyramid, for example, but all the Egyptians that went with it were taken apart, so I could have more mid-brown heads and arms to use for modern people. 

Oh, and I've got some stone-age cave people.  But I can't remember who is wearing their hair nowadays.

I tried thinking of 'historical events', but most of what I vaguely remember (I was never a history student, so that's limited) isn't really suitable for a Playmobil reenactment.

But now I've got an idea!  Next challenge: will it work, and look OK?

Thanks Macruran for the fun of this!

Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 20:49:10 »
I agree that this one is challenging, and that's part of the fun of it.  I don't have nearly the amount of pieces that I would like to make it, so I may flip around my ideas. This one has a broad interpretation of the idea.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 00:39:04 »
I am thinking you could use modern klickies to portray modern "history" scenes, like the JFK assasination or a famous speech or something. Doesn't all have to be....Romans....I myself don't have a concept yet, but I swear I will!

A lot of the recent museum specials would be perfect: Duerer, Night Watch, Fred t G, etc.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 06:34:09 »
Remember it doesn't have to be a historical scene. Anything that can be linked to history will do.

There's western, pirates, knights, Victorian, Egyptian, Roman, cavepeople etc but you can also do Playmobil from the seventies, a history teacher in a classroom, a museum, dinosaurs... Or even something modern, if the link with history is in the picture's title 8-)

Online JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 14:14:23 »
The medieval historian in me is coming up with lots of ideas.

All I need is a klicky with a hunchback & a codling grinder.  :P

http://www.subzin.com/quotes/S278542b1d/The+Black+Adder/The+Black+Seal/of+the+codling+grinder%21

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 16:39:03 »
Aaaah Blackadder  :love:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 16:52:49 »
Yeah, I LOVE challenging themes like this! I'm thinking outside the box on this one.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 08:33:03 »
Antique Shop:

Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 09:04:11 »
Antique Shop:

Oh.. :love:

What's the animal on the shelf?