Author Topic: 4876 Agent Super-Racer  (Read 9410 times)

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
Re: 4876 Agent Super-Racer
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 16:33:57 »
The agent comes only with two things:
A suitcase full of top secret documents and his license to kill...
...and a pistol.

Well, what else would he need. ;)

And in case he is stunned by a sexy russian female agent, the suitcase comes with a cool handle to clip it on the wrist of the agent. A very nice gadget!  8-)

Finally, just to stink again against photoshopping on boxes, you should take a closer look on the suitcase and its chain on the box cover...  :hmm: ::) :no:

But, well, as I said in the beginning, I think this is just a cool set. And, yes, WolfKnight, once you have the box in your hand, it will be a tough decision to not buy it and store it in a bat-cave of one of your castles... :)

Hope, you enjoy the pictures, I had fun shooting them!

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 16:35:34 »
the klicky's glasses are printed on the face?

Yes. As he has vision enhancement implants directly connected to his visual cortex it would be fatal to rip off the glasses and thus they are permanently implanted into his face.  :P

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 16:36:44 »
Great review Amir, thanks for all the pics and info!

I agree, the box picture showing the headlights is deceiving, and Playmobil need a major wrist-slap for this sort of behaviour. Maybe the Pilot group can mention this.

The rest of the box is super-fab-shiny, obviously designed to be eye-catching, and maybe to set this theme off from the rest of Playmobil's range, to appeal to a new audience? The 7-12 age range is saying to the older kids that this is a cool toy their younger siblings can't have!

Very cool toy, and certainly one I'll have to get. Dang, that's another theme for my collection.

Without having one in my hand, the only change I can say I would make is to have had white or silver hubcaps instead of red.

As usual, my initial negative reaction to this series is fading, and I'm starting to warm to it.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 16:49:57 »
Great review Amir, thanks for all the pics and info!

I agree, the box picture showing the headlights is deceiving, and Playmobil need a major wrist-slap for this sort of behaviour. Maybe the Pilot group can mention this.

this will be their answer i think :  :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

:lol: :lol: :lol: i believe they won't really take our opinions seriously they only thing that they want is to find a new group of people to sell ....

The spirits rule !!!!

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 17:18:30 »
this will be their answer i think :  :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Maybe if you tell the designers personally, but if we tell horst and horst tells it andrea and andrea tells the designers...
 :hehe: :whip:

..then they might still think it, but never do it again. ;)

best,
socrates

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 17:24:39 »
Maybe if you tell the designers personally, but if we tell horst and horst tells it andrea and andrea tells the designers...
 :hehe: :whip:

..then they might still think it, but never do it again. best,
socrates

yes perhaps  ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 17:25:53 »
An excellent review, Amir, and thank you for doing it.  It must have been very tiring trying out the guns, "driving" the car etc.   :lol:  But seriously, I enjoyed reading your review very much even though, again, it's not my theme.  However, if they did a "normal" version for the city life theme, then it would very much be on my list.

I agree that the headlights on the box are deceiving and that is not what we expect of Playmobil and needs to be mentioned.   I agree with Martin about the hubcaps - silver ones to match the wheels or white ones would be better.  They look like the standard hubcap pattern and so the white ones available for other vehicles would fit.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 18:03:01 »
Hi

Great pictures and review  :wow:

Seeing as I have 3 boys I will be having to buy 4 of these  :lol: Not only would I change the hubcaps but I really do not like the red missle tips sticking out the front. If they were white it would be less obvious. I personally would want to put some lights in the spot similar to the ones in rally cars .

This is one more deception on playmobil box art team. They have also been doing a lot of the color tone switch-eroos as well and it does get annoying when you open up a box and it is some ugly orange boat .

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2010, 19:53:30 »
I like the concept. I’m waiting until they come to the US and I get a couple to decide whether I like the series or not.
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2010, 23:59:41 »
Great review, thanks! I really like the klicky. In general I will skip this theme but I do like the lab and some of the accessories and klickies