Author Topic: Flowers for 5300  (Read 3487 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: Flowers for 5300
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 15:50:54 »
Thanks Joe, that's good to know  :love:
So now we would need to know if this is the same everywhere else.... germany, greece, uk ds?
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 15:53:08 »
I am sure our DS can get them individually. Just like the system x pluggs.

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 16:36:50 »
I ordered lots of flowers recently (random ones for no particular reason other than to ring the changes, and I also have some landscape bases that I've bought separately (ie with part or no set to go with them) which use for displays, again for no specific reason  ???).

Some were on sprues but most, as I recall, were single.  Here goes with the ones I think came singly

30 02 6600 (blue)
30 20 3920 (yellow)
30 20 4450 (pink flowers - water lilies in my opinion)
30 24 9220 (yellow)
30 25 1280 (orange)
30 25 3050 (red roses)
30 06 0930 (yellow)

Sunflowers come as separate component parts.

I also ordered various flower stems and leaf bases too.  I agree, though, that you can never have too many flowers (a) they are pretty and (b) they don't take up a lot of storage space  :lol:

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 17:17:49 »
Ordering flowers from US DS is really a hit or miss affair. I have tried the past 5 orders, and have come up with some roses and some flower blossoms and petals, but usually not in the colors I prefer.

They have maybe 1 of every 5 flowers I try to order, and almost never any in dark purple, dark blue, or orange. If I ask for 100, I sometimes get 6 or 8 flowers.

I agree that you can never have too many flowers or plants, but it is very hard to get the ones you want. My dream order would be a thousand of each of the above colors in flower blossoms. Then I could get rid of the red and yellow ones I do not care for.

Anyone found a better source than US DS? Maybe I should get someone to order them for me in Germany or the UK?

Cheers, pgal :wave: :wave: :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 17:18:54 »
you can never have too many flowers (a) they are pretty and (b) they don't take up a lot of storage space  :lol:
Great observation, Bad Mum!  I agree completely!!!  :yup: :yup:
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 17:27:05 »
and almost never any in dark purple
Didn't know there were dark purple ones  :o  Which set did they come from (or what part number are they?). Quite fancy trying to add some to my next parts order.  I can always try and get some for you too.

Offline lavandiere

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 14:47:53 »
Didn't know there were dark purple ones  :o  Which set did they come from (or what part number are they?). Quite fancy trying to add some to my next parts order.  I can always try and get some for you too.

I did not know either...or maybe the violet?

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-06-2490

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 14:58:00 »
dont buy them in the DS .. each one will cost 10pence! u might get it cheaper on ebay in masses.

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 10:50:58 »

I did not know either...or maybe the violet?

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-06-2490

I think that the dark purple ones are called violet; they have never had them in stock when I order flowers, so will have to wait and see if they are the ones when I do hit the jackpot.
I have been buying used flowers/plants off eBay for 6 months, and b-w has the best selection. The prices are quite high on eBay normally, and most other sellers do not identify which set they came from.

So yes, if anyone can get some of these for me from outside the US, that would be wonderful! I have maybe a dozen, and use just one for contrast with light purple and white flowers. The link does show what sets they were in. I will gladly reimburse you with shipping to the US as they fit in a regular envelope and are so lightweight.

If you have flowers (in any color except red or yellow) you don't need, just email me with the details. I decorate everything with flowers, and wow! does it make them look happy!

Cheers, Pgal :love:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 20:30:55 »
I think things on sprues now comes singly.  I also think that at one time they didn't so if you wanted six and ordered six you got six sprues!  You could always check with UK DS, Elaine.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”