Author Topic: Plans added to official archive  (Read 3418 times)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: Plans added to official archive
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 15:29:27 »
It looks like even more new plans have recently been added to the Playmobil website! They are now up to 1007 sets!   :love:

Is there a way to order them by most recently added?

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 15:34:23 »
Thanks Indianna! Now busily downloading. The newness starts on page 121. For some reason - I suspect a glitch to be fixed shortly - a couple of pages of sets are posts in triplicate, so don't bother getting the same set more than once, they're the same. 21 new sets: fairies, Alpine, and outdoor-action.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 15:37:28 »
Is there a way to order them by most recently added?

It seems to me that they always add new instruction files at the end of the list, so if you go to the last page and work backwards you will find the newest ones.   :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 15:41:04 »
Thanks Indianna! Now busily downloading. The newness starts on page 121. For some reason - I suspect a glitch to be fixed shortly - a couple of pages of sets are posts in triplicate, so don't bother getting the same set more than once, they're the same. 21 new sets: fairies, Alpine, and outdoor-action.

So peculiar!  Easy to tell the eleven triples, though, as only one of each group seems to show the set number on the menu page.  Unfortunately, it does mean the new total is only 985 instead of 1007 (assuming my arithmetic is correct, that is. ;) )
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 15:47:33 by Indianna »

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 15:49:56 »
Thanks!

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 16:17:07 »
Anyone else notice the new CGI-shaded-rendering on some of the instructions sheets - 5422 as an example? So strange after so many years of line drawings. They're going to improve the quality of my part pictures, although the file size will also increase (therefore slower-loading pages). What do you think, folks - should I upgrade the part pics for older parts if I see them in this new rendition?
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 16:34:46 »
We noticed that on that gorgeous driver from the fire car of the latest series... We found it... creepy.

Like you said, so off.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 16:46:44 »
Anyone else notice the new CGI-shaded-rendering on some of the instructions sheets - 5422 as an example? So strange after so many years of line drawings. They're going to improve the quality of my part pictures, although the file size will also increase (therefore slower-loading pages). What do you think, folks - should I upgrade the part pics for older parts if I see them in this new rendition?

That set was actually the only one I had looked at so far, and I did notice that it seemed different, but did not ponder it any further until your post, Heather.  I confess that I love the old style just for aesthetic reasons - the very crisp and clear graphic style and the traditional Playmobil look.  On the other hand, maybe the new "CGI" style is a hint that they are heading toward some sort of animated assembly instructions or even a CAD design system similar to LDRAW for LEGO???   Which would be awesome!!!!

In answer to your question, though, I don't have an opinion except to say that it is your call.  If the new rendition means that Playmodb needs more bandwidth, or whatever, then definitely let us know so we can support that financially.   :yup:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 17:13:13 »
We noticed that on that gorgeous driver from the fire car of the latest series... We found it... creepy.

Like you said, so off.

Is that the 4822 fire car, or have I missed something?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 17:14:50 »
I agree entirely with Indianna, both as regards aesthetics and financial support, but the new plans do look strange.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”