Author Topic: 3283 Alien Prison Pod  (Read 14738 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 3283 Alien Prison Pod
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 05:47:15 »
You know Panos, I just realized something,...I thought your alien prisoner guards were suspended in mid air until I saw the glass surface being used as a platform! That may be a future cool special effect in your photo stories!

Bill, I thought that maybe Panos had done the glass "suspension effect" on purpose!

It's very science fantasy! And, it really looks great!

Thanks for a splendid review, Panos.

You guys are amazing...i never have thought that it would look like that in the pictures....its my glass living room table...now that i see the pictures again...it is great!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 10:40:42 »
Great review and pics . Its as hame really Playmobil never got it right with reference to a playmo space theme, except the very first one which back then was very popular, successfull and had a good level of realism. Surely it cant be that difficult to get it wright again , the latest space theme with the thieves and aliens etc etc had some nice designs but overall - for me- didint have it.. nothinh ever appeared in the DS catalogues really , goes to tell you what a commercial flop these have been

Of course if there was a Playmobil star wars ... Playmobil woudl probably make billions, can you , can you ,can imagine a 300-400 strong army of klicky stormtroopers   for example :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Playmo X-wing, tie fighters , etc , playmobil would make billions !!!!!!!!!!!  :love: :love: :love:( and me bankrupt ..)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 11:02:17 »
Great review and pics . Its as hame really Playmobil never got it right with reference to a playmo space theme, except the very first one which back then was very popular, successfull and had a good level of realism. Surely it cant be that difficult to get it wright again , the latest space theme with the thieves and aliens etc etc had some nice designs but overall - for me- didint have it.. nothinh ever appeared in the DS catalogues really , goes to tell you what a commercial flop these have been

Of course if there was a Playmobil star wars ... Playmobil woudl probably make billions, can you , can you ,can imagine a 300-400 strong army of klicky stormtroopers   for example :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Playmo X-wing, tie fighters , etc , playmobil would make billions !!!!!!!!!!!  :love: :love: :love:( and me bankrupt ..)

I am with you all the way Giorginetto!!!!  :love: :love: :love: :love: I think i've seen a custom darth vader klicky somewhere...

As far as the production line is concerned, to produce a space theme one need also an enthousiastic consumer body for it... playmospace was produced in a time when space exploration was still a very appealing idea...nowadays even NASA has reduce budgets for shuttle launch... People are not that enthusiastic with the notion of space travel today... :( :( :(
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 11:18:48 by Wolf Knight »

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 12:09:53 »

Well, this is a great opportunity to point out one of the most marvellous fan-pages ever and to the fact, that there has been already substantially contributions on such sets: 
First, an Area51 and civilian aliens....
http://www.collectobil.com/collectofun/systemx/2003april.html
:wow:
...and for a tie fighter refer here:
http://www.collectobil.com/collectofun/systemx/2003july.html
  :munch:

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 12:40:40 »
I've seen this before socrates!! These are great, although the area 51 is an ambiguous issue and one of the grey, if not black, issues of space/extraterrestrials/ufos etc....I like the scenario of this civilian base for aliens and first contact...much more prefered to the lab/experiement issues...

But overall a great custom building and vehicle...i like the perspective of this x-wing!!!!1 :love: :love: :love: :love:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 12:48:00 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 12:57:35 »

Of course if there was a Playmobil star wars ... Playmobil woudl probably make billions, can you, can you, can you imagine a 300-400 strong army of klicky stormtroopers for example ...

Hmmm ... see attachment from Andi and Aleon ...

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2010, 13:00:34 »
Hmmm ... see attachment

:lol:
right, I forgot about these. They are just fantastic!!! brilliant!!! perfect!!!  :love:
ButI have never seen an army of these. Did I miss it?  ???

Thanks for sharing, Richard!

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 13:05:57 »

Hmmm ... see attachment from Andi and Aleon ...

I never got to see the vast army of figures that were able to be created from these custom heads :-\, did you Richard ????
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2010, 13:35:04 »

But I have never seen an army of these. Did I miss it?  ???

I never got to see the vast army of figures that were able to be created from these custom heads :-\, did you Richard ????

As everyone probably knows, these Star Wars customs were made by the Spanish master craftsman Malone (Javier).

I do remember seeing an army of Playmobil Stormtroopers at Yoyei's Spanish Playclicks Forum. However, I couldn't find them when I just searched. I did find an interesting topic from Burgobil ... HERE!

I also found some very nice Playmobil Star Wars customs from Playtrooper.

see attachments

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 13:37:26 »

Here are a few more from Malone (Javier)!

see attachments