Author Topic: Playmobil Crash Test Dummy and other Series 19 Figures  (Read 10026 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: Playmobil Crash Test Dummy and other Series 19 Figures
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2021, 16:38:44 »
Very interesting to see,  thanks Frans!

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2021, 02:05:53 »
Can we pull that piece easily? From non-figure frames? Do you know?

I haven't tried. It is small and there isn't much to hold on to, so I believe the part is difficult to remove from a regular frame. Putting Figures heads on regular frames is a no go for me, at any rate (although some people swear by it  8})

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2021, 02:26:57 »
Did you get all the figures?

Only those that I fancied. I'm picky when it comes to picking Figures. Of the Girls I usually fancy only few, just 2 this time.

The Space Assassin is looking plain weird:

but underneath all the accoutrements a very nice figure is hiding:

I might need another one, just to get a pair of each arm.

The Violin Player is one refined lady. Just strange that the hair is different than shown on the packaging:

The collar surely is the best part. Not a "repaint of an Egyptian neckpiece", Macruran, but the well-known medieval cloth collar with nice printing.

You'll hopefully agree that the skirt is terrible. A lamp shade in harsh colours and brutal printing. Underneath it a nice figure is hiding, one that reminds me more of a rustic archer than a Vienna salon tigress. Just needs better arms.

She may keep her eyeshadow, for the moment. I haven't seen it yet on a Playmobil face.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2021, 09:14:33 »
I haven't tried. It is small and there isn't much to hold on to, so I believe the part is difficult to remove from a regular frame. Putting Figures heads on regular frames is a no go for me, at any rate (although some people swear by it  8})

Thanks. Well.. but it's doable in figure frames, right?  It's not like I lack those :P

Now.. does anyone have the non-figures dummy? 

You know me, I NEED to pop everyone!  ::) :-[

The Space Assassin is looking plain weird:

Really? I love her. Not as is, but.... LOVE the colors. Shame about the legs  - everyone is probably sick and tired of reading how I don't much like those - but gorgeous colors!

The collar surely is the best part.

Yep  :love:

She may keep her eyeshadow, for the moment. I haven't seen it yet on a Playmobil face.

I believe those showed quite some time ago, perhaps in an ice skater figure?

Can't wait to get my hands on mine...

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2021, 11:46:35 »
Actually.. how DID you pull that dummy "neck" out of the torso/frame?

Any trick to it? I didn't manage with bare hands :-[

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2021, 23:04:17 »
Actually.. how DID you pull that dummy "neck" out of the torso/frame?

Any trick to it?

True: it's a bit tricky but you can hold on to the bit sticking out to the back. I can pull it out without tools.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2021, 23:14:40 »
True: it's a bit tricky but you can hold on to the bit sticking out to the back. I can pull it out without tools.

Yes, I used a pen cap as a lever.... not very easy though... Ok, I admit I am not the handiest person about.. but still.

I am not sure a non-figure one will be poppable. Not that it matters, besides the principle of the thing.. I guess.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2021, 23:34:03 »
I was looking forward to the Griffin Knight. His coat of arms is ancient, first seen as a sticker in the 1970s (as you can learn from Tim's unmissable heraldry survey at Animobil); it is the only coat of arms to remain in use throughout Playmobil's history. Since then this House has given us the original siege tower 3887 and the suburb castle 5783. A very distinguished house, yet its coat of arms has never featured as torso print – until now! Griffin Knight was hotly anticipated.

And it is a nice figure. The green belt used to be rare but can now be obtained in abundance. Armour arms and knight "chicken legs" have their appeal for some (I'm not a great fan), the helm and its griffin crest are fine, and so is the shield, cloak and weapons. But the body is what really matters, and there I feel a bit let down because the coat of arms is printed too far up. You cannot apply loads of collars (chainmail for example, my collar of choice) without obscuring half a griffin's head! The only sensible thing to do is to put on a cloak, as in the original, which does limit customising potential.

A minor objection is the skin colour of the head, slightly darker than plain. I never have enough matching arms to accommodate an influx of new heads of this colour, and would have welcomed plain ones. A very minor, quite subjective objection.

All in all I'm happy but not completely over the moon.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2021, 07:27:03 »
I like the knight too... And I agree with you regarding the legs - I don't like those pointy feet ones - either version. I much prefer the ones you used.

At least the guy is tan - dark tan is a LOT more challenging...

That printed torso DID exist before: https://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-00-3372 - but not common, especially on this side of the pond. A fellow american playmofriend found me one years ago :)

I hadn't thought of the "high printed" chicken... Not many options, indeed. I didn't get to series 19 yet :(

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2021, 10:13:32 »
That printed torso DID exist before

:doh: You're absolutely right! The funny thing is, I do have one 5788 Griffin Knight in my boxes – but he completely slipped my mind. The bodies are indeed identical, and the figure is pretty much the same as the version that I did just now. Some memory must have guided me.

5788 also has the desirable medieval horse saddle breeching and other tack in that very distinctive Griffin Knights Green – the colour of the knight's belt. Helm feathers of that very same colour are included with castle 5783. It's quite double-edged in a typical way of my Playmobil passion: on the one hand it's majestic that there are parts in a very distinctive colour to match a particular coat of arms, on the other frustrating to see them in severely limited circulation. It just means I'll never be able to give up on scouring eBay 8}