Author Topic: HOW SHOULD WE "BRAINSTORM" - a suggestion  (Read 4749 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
HOW SHOULD WE "BRAINSTORM" - a suggestion
« on: July 24, 2011, 22:26:28 »
:wave: as you probably have seen this new section "imported" a lot of old posts that were scattered all over the other sections of this forum.
as i was the one who suggested this section to sylvia i thought i should also contribute with my time to search for all the "importable" posts.
maybe some of them are still "missing" so, if any of you come up with another one you just have to p.m. sylvia and ask her if she is willing to move it.

a lot of ideas came up on these posts.

it would be a pitty if they were lost and the intention of this new section is to keep them "alive" so that they can be sent to geobra - in whatever way can be found (ideally through "our" board members or through the future collectors club).

so, i am suggesting that we could organize all this ideas a little bit so that they can be easily presented to geobra.
in the next post i am showing an example.

if you all agree, each idea could be posted with the same structure - idea, scenario, what geobra needs, ... - and with a poll associated to confirm (in a way) if it has a lot of support from all of us.

before starting to post ideas in this "way" i would like to receive your input on the "structure" i came up with so that it can be bettered and completed if needed.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
Re: HOW SHOULD WE "BRAINSTORM" - a suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 22:28:46 »
IDEA:
3d online modelling section

SCENARIO:
Members could use a 3d library of PLAYMOBIL parts and finished sets to create virtual sets (or even new parts).

WHAT GEOBRA NEEDS:
It needs to create a virtual library of PLAYMOBIL parts and sets.
It needs to create or to choose (e.g. Google Sketchup - http://sketchup.google.com/) an open and free software to "manipulate" these parts.

HOW GEOBRA CAN BENEFIT:
Computers are today the main entertaining tool for teenagers and young adults.
This pushes them away from "traditional" toys.
To have a strong presence in the "virtual" world will allow playmobil to "call" this group's attention back to its products.

HOW HIS CAN ME MIXED WITH OTHER IDEAS:
This feature can be mixed with contests of customized sets.
It can also be mixed with an archive of sets and parts that could posess links to this section.
Finally, it can be mixed with an on-line shop of "real" parts and sets.

EXAMPLES FROM OTHER COMPANIES:
LEGO in its "design by me" web section - http://designbyme.lego.com/en-us/Default.aspx?icmp=COCreateShareSpotlightUSDBM - has a free lego digital design software (MLCAD, LDraw)
Interestintly LEGO fans share their creations mixing "real" sets with "virtual" ones - http://www.lego.com/en-us/CreateAndShare/Galleries/default.aspx?icmp=COCreateShareSpotlightUSGalleries
The Dutch MECCANO club has a VirtualMEC section that uses a library accessible with a paid software called Simulink - http://www.mathworks.com/products/simulink/?s_cid=global_nav.

HOW THE COLLECTORS CAN HELP:
An adult fan - Sir Pleamo - has already created an extensive library of system-x parts using Google Sketchup.
The result can be seen at http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=5760.0.

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 22:37:58 »
Fantastic idea - I love the layout  - very readable.
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 10:50:18 »
:) thank you lindama.
 :'( i am kind of sad that nobody seems to care about this matter though.
 ??? could it be my fault for not presenting this objective with a more enthusiastic "wrap" ?
 ;) could it be that we are getting "lazy" and "childish" and all we can come-up with are wishes for new sets ?
 :no: i hope not.
 :) let's see how this moves after the summer vacations.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 16:18:02 »
cachalote, i think some board members are on vacation right now (it's summer, remember ;))

i think this is a great idea too, maybe some people just feel lazy to revive those topics and put them all together in this new section?

many people are not familiar with that sketchup thing btw...maybe that scares them away?
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 17:39:10 »
:wave: hi luis,
 :yippee: i'm also going on vacation tomorrow.
 :) thanks for your support.

there's no need to put all the old topics in this new section - i've "fished" them all and asked sylvia to move them here.
... but the objective of this thread was to see if you all agreed with the structure to organize the idea and not to start to post or re-post them immediatly.
i will wait a few weeks and then, if nobody feels the structure i am proposing can be improved i will just start to compile some of the already existing ideas this way.

regarding sketchup - it's not that difficult if you know your geometry.
although i don't use it (i am an autocad man) i felt it was easy for me to understand it.
sir pleamo is willing to help with this and he can even provide a few simple manuals.

Offline Lindama

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 22:17:54 »
It is actually winter in some parts of the world  ;D
One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
    Jane Austen, Emma

Linda

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 10:10:10 »

:'( i am kind of sad that nobody seems to care about this matter though.
 ??? could it be my fault for not presenting this objective with a more enthusiastic "wrap" ?
 ;) could it be that we are getting "lazy" and "childish" and all we can come-up with are wishes for new sets ?

I doubt it is laziness or childishness and I don't think it is fair to say that. People all have different ways of thinking and posting, so they might not all find it easy to follow this structure you have set down. Please remember that many of our members have very busy lives away from the forum and come here primarily to relax. :)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 16:43:55 »
:wave: hello sylvia,
 :yup: if you look at the smilies that go with my message i am certain that you will feel that your last post was uncalled for.
 ;) "relax" is a good word.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 17:01:07 »
Your format is a nice one for a final presentation, but it isn't technically brainstorming.
You might read the Wikipedia entry about Brainstorming Located Here