Author Topic: "Single Klicky", DS, &c.  (Read 4756 times)

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
Re: "Single Klicky", DS, &c.
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 00:35:11 »
REALLY!? What? PM me. Darn, wasn't expecting that. I've used that name for over 10 years now!  :-[

(Don't have to worry about it. It happens a lot from one language to another ...)

--

The new Special pirate (4753, attached) looks more like a common set ... So many accessories, it feels a little like old 3791 (~) to me.

Specials used to be more focused in providing us with "characters" ... It's sad that they don't keep the focus of the lines they have/had ... Or maybe I didn't get them ever ::)
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 02:01:42 »
The new 4753 pirate special (release in Germany and BeNeLux starting in mid-July) is indeed quite a nice figure and the set has a bit more accessories then often is the case.
But he also is again a re-use of probably a stock of abundant torsos, from a pirate that came with the 4290 Pirates' ship (the big one with red hull) which was rather quickly discontinued...
I will get me some though; the pegleg never came in red before and thus is worth having.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2011, 11:59:14 »
... i know there's DS, but how many ppl outside of the collecting world know about that? ...

I don't know about the other countries, but here there's a DS-catalogue inside each normal Playmobil-catalogue. So, every parent or kid that picks one up knows there's a DS.

... Specials used to be more focused in providing us with "characters" ... It's sad that they don't keep the focus of the lines they have/had ...
In 2004 I heard the head-designer of Geobra say that there never was a focus in the "Specials"- range. Anything went, as long as it remained within the guidelines of the company. It didn't have to be releated to any past, present or future theme ...

Just as  a side note ...

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.