Author Topic: "Single Klicky", DS, &c.  (Read 4751 times)

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
"Single Klicky", DS, &c.
« on: June 22, 2011, 18:54:56 »
I love these new DS stuff (attached). However, DS doesn't reach Brasil, so I won't have direct access to them ... :-\

Shouldn't Playmobil return to the Single Klicky / 5-7 Klicky set concept? They've made everything too complicated, but when we look at the beginning of the toy history, it was so cool, and simple!
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
Re: "Single Klicky", DS, &c.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 18:59:39 »
I love these new DS stuff (attached). However, DS doesn't reach Brasil, so I won't have direct access to them ... :-\

Shouldn't Playmobil return to the Single Klicky / 5-7 Klicky set concept? They've made everything too complicated, but when we look at the beginning of the toy history, it was so cool, and simple!

well, there is still the SPECIAL and the blisters series.... But you mean soemthing like two clickies with not many accesories? (not being the blisters)
I could agree on that.
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 19:03:11 »
Its unfortunate that these bags don't reach you guys  :( Playmobil has so many restrictions in theyr marketing...
Maybe one day...

In the old days you could take a klicky and by changing his accessories, you could have a cowboy, an indian, a worker, a knight, a fireman... all with just a single klicky... The design is far more sophisticated now, but there are limitations to what a klicky can be...

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 05:32:26 »
... The design is far more sophisticated now, but there are limitations to what a klicky can be...

It's only limited by your imagination  ;)

Brynn, my youngest son, was playing with the vulture from this set:

telling me that it was Staraptor ... for those who don't know what that is:

So ... what limitations ???

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 06:44:35 »
Strong point Count, I heard a kid in a toystore the other day saying to his mum ''I'll put my playmobil as audience watching the Gormity fight''  :lol: And I recalled I placed Cobra soldier in the playmobil classroom abducting children and then GIJoe cam to the rescue  :lol:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 09:31:57 »
I prefer the old klickies that had interchangeable parts and could be used anywhere , far better for kids if you ask me and far better plastic quality compared to klickies of today . next think we shall see softy playmobils , awww , i should be living in the late 70s, dont belong to today , life on mars( Tv series with time travel to the 70s) can someone tell me how it works ?? I would go back buy hundreds of nuremberg and steck castles and mediaval houses etc etc and lots of Microsoft and Apple shares...  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 11:10:53 »
Maybe a suntanned Staraptor to be precise.   ;D
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 14:22:36 »
I would have to agree with Count Borgo that a child can overcome many obstacles with their imagination. Our boys prefer the new complex klickies and they too can adapt what we adults see as limitations through predetermined printing. The one detail they seem to never change is if it is a "girl". They just do not want to be a "girl" klicky no matter what  ;D
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 17:48:46 »
I'm definitely not saying children don't have imagination or that they aren't able to like what they have today ...

I'm saying that one could buy all these klickys (below) in single klicky box each ... Isn't this an interesting possibility?

I'm also saying that DS creates a kind of an alternative market, and that it brings disadvantages to those who don't have access to this market. There are the toy sellers who buy all sorts of sets, including DS ones, but the one I buy from on Amazon.com (the only one who ships stuff to Brasil) doesn't ... This makes (particularly) _me_ somewhat sad ... :-[
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 18:00:10 »
these ar really lovely Gus... but I hardly see a today's kid have any interest toward them... things have change so much, the market is so demanding... its difficult for kids and parents to relate in such simole sets. But for an adult collector... now thats a differerent issue  ;D